• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2275 how much

PeerlessK

Well-Known Member
Would you pay for a nice working condition 2275 . Asking is $800 . As in the past while asking value I really hate using eBay as a comparison. Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Slight scratch on face in picture . Cover off . $700 pending demo
 

Attachments

  • EE725889-968D-47D0-B66D-4B63F897AADA.jpeg
    EE725889-968D-47D0-B66D-4B63F897AADA.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 97
  • E8E66E93-9B4A-42E4-B8A2-8F7B80D828C2.png
    E8E66E93-9B4A-42E4-B8A2-8F7B80D828C2.png
    520.1 KB · Views: 96
Collector valuation or just to have a receiver to enjoy? There is a pile of Marantz tax on their gear compared to other brands. A great 65-85 wpc receiver is a 300-500 item depending. The rest of the price is the tax which in today's market can be recovered when sold with the collector market still not satisfied.
 
Collector valuation or just to have a receiver to enjoy? There is a pile of Marantz tax on their gear compared to other brands. A great 65-85 wpc receiver is a 300-500 item depending. The rest of the price is the tax which in today's market can be recovered when sold with the collector market still not satisfied.
To add to collection for rotation use .
 
I want to add that I wasnt advertising my Sansui for sale. Simply giving an example of a receiver that can be had for less that I think sounds just as good as the marantz 2275 going off of what blue Shadow was stating.
 
$700 for a good working presentable but not restored 2275 is a decent price today. Usually you can do a little better in a private sale, the ebay tax adds a bit more usually.
 
I sold a mint one for about $500 to a guy on bartertown about 4 years ago. It still had the plastic mylar over the face. It needed a little tlc as the DC offset had drifted and likely needed to be recapped but it was as close to perfect cosmetically as you could hope to find. I could of easily got more but the guy was looking for mint case for his and I ended up giving him a deal on the unit because i felt guilty separating it from the case. From what I remember it only had about 50wpc output driving 4 ohm loads so keep that in mind, although some make improvements to PS to get better results. The speakers I had at the time were 4ohm but dipped to 2.8ohm range on certain frequencies so they were never going to get along. I keep wondering when prices will trend downward so I can try another one.
 
The "marantz tax", "Pioneer tax", "JBL tax" et al is very simple, it's a collector premium. As such, the more desirable it is in their line and the further above average condition it becomes more collectible and the premium increases. I have seen pristine collectible models of vintage audio sell for ten times the selling price of rough ones, I have sold pristine examples from my collection for ten times what people are getting for rough ones, because I only collect pristine ones I know the difference.

If it's in beat condition and a mid-to-lower end model it's affordable, ... if one of the top models new in box it'll be rediculously expensive. I don't know why people have such a hard time grasping this concept but it's pretty much the same as trying to compare a rare and autographed baseball card to the value of the paper on which it is printed, ...

The value of vintage marantz (etc.) receivers is determined by the people who are buying them and nothing else.
 
Ok . But add in a refurb eventually after the initial buy and you are headed down a very costly rabbit hole.
 
Well, it seems like Marantz carry a unusually high tax. I mean among similar level of build and sound quality brands/models.

As for your 1250 and other monster receivers, I'd say they're more of luxury tax or a different level of tax bracket for being over 100wpc. :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned a restoration cost down the road. If you can diy, which I would rate most Marantz models 4/10 difficulty level (including the relay mod and replacement), you can do it for under $150...unless you go crazy with premium caps. I use my 2270 almost daily and no sign of any issue after a recap few years ago. Same with 2285.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom