• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2275 how much

I agree, I'd rather sell things here for less than deal with the hustlers on the outside. Buying also, I haven't bought a bad tube or piece of equipment here yet.
 
I see you also share residence in the same State as us. If by chance you are familiar with the other player in this case, do know I think he’s a good guy. Not bashing him by any means with my story here.
Nope, not a clue of who you're referring to.

Sounds like your friend got a great deal based on your description of the unit. Just curious what you weren't happy with?
Is it the Marantz sound in general or you more after the 2230/45/70 sound of things. I'm to understand that they do sound quite different.
 
Nope, not a clue of who you're referring to.

Sounds like your friend got a great deal based on your description of the unit. Just curious what you weren't happy with?
Is it the Marantz sound in general or you more after the 2230/45/70 sound of things. I'm to understand that they do sound quite different.
Great looking piece. Just didn’t blow me away. I have several pieces already that I do enjoy and have already had restorations on.
Sometimes it’s just better to find the right owner for these things. I don’t need to hoard just to say I have one-and its in a closet.
Believe me, these things just keep finding me. Like the Spec 1 and Spec 4 I need to clean up and see what they are all about, and I will most likely move them on as well.
 
Prices sure have gone up.

I bought mine awhile back for around $175 off eBay. Picked it up locally. It was a mess. Crammed into what looked like a Sony wood case, the interior was bit of a disaster. Functionally it worked good. I think I spent about $75 on parts from 3-4 AKers. I had a bunch of WC-22s.

It's my favorite Marantz receiver.

Marantz_2275.JPG
 
Have 2275 prices continued to rise significantly over the past year? Compared to what I see advertised (ebay, craigslist, FB marketplace), the prices listed in this forum are all at least $300-400 low. Does the AK community operate below market level or what?

Until I stumbled upon this thread I believed $1,000 a reasonable price for a 2275.
 
Have 2275 prices continued to rise significantly over the past year? Compared to what I see advertised (ebay, craigslist, FB marketplace), the prices listed in this forum are all at least $300-400 low. Does the AK community operate below market level or what?

Until I stumbled upon this thread I believed $1,000 a reasonable price for a 2275.

You have to realize that many of us have bought the 2275 "before" people were going gaga over Marantz gear, so many of us feel that the current prices are over the top. So, our opinions may not reflect current market prices. I have been watching gear that come up for sale on Bartertown, and I haven't seen "AK friendly" prices on recent listings. BT prices are now looking like eBay prices.
 
Also note that most of us, when looking to buy (or sell) vintage gear look at sold prices on ebay, hifishark etc., not at asking. Most of the time there's a substantial gap.
 
Back
Top Bottom