• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz 8b powertransformer replacement?

montalcino

New Member
Hi,

is there a way to buy or get an powertransformer replacement for the "Marantz 8B"? I owned this great amp but the Transformer is blown up.
can somebody help me to find a replacement?
Thx in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Are you sure the power transformer is toast?

Sometimes other power supply problems are mistaken for transformer failure.

OTOH, if the unit emits the characteristic burnt odor...

I would try to have the transformer rewound. There are several folks that can do this.
 
Thanx for the answers,


to "GoMizzou1954"
http://heyboertransformers.com/ link doesn't work ?!
Maybe I have to try finding a Transformer rewinder here in Europe.

to "Celt"
I will ask per e-mail

to "crooner"
Yes I'm sure that the power transformer is toast, because of the smell and smelting tin. I also tested the trans deconnected and allways the fuse blown up.
 
to "Crooner"
here one pic of the chassis color. Serialnumber is: 8-7571

It is a very nice unit. Built around 1964. The nice thing about the 8B is the transformer cover. So even if you find a replacement transformer that doesn't look "factory" it will neatly concealed under this cover.
 
Crooner, Brent uses the original enamel formula on the two exposed power filter caps. I got a good chuckle when I called them last week wondering where the hxxx they were, a little more than fifteen days after I ordered them initially. Turns out they job process the enamel dipping and drying process in house, and then hand stamp the labels. If it doesn't look perfect, then they start from scratch again.

The enamel curing takes forever, seeing as they are in Miami Beach, so I am using Zen mediation techniques to stem any excess hyperventilation. :banana:
 
Crooner, Brent uses the original enamel formula on the two exposed power filter caps. I got a good chuckle when I called them last week wondering where the hxxx they were, a little more than fifteen days after I ordered them initially. Turns out they job process the enamel dipping and drying process in house, and then hand stamp the labels. If it doesn't look perfect, then they start from scratch again.

The enamel curing takes forever, seeing as they are in Miami Beach, so I am using Zen mediation techniques to stem any excess hyperventilation. :banana:

That's pretty cool. I have been working on my own paint process for the cans in my Marantz 8B restorations. The color I got was a pretty good match. It does take several days to apply all the different coats.

Thanks for sharing! :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom