• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Maxell Poster

Lithograph of the Maxell

Is this the one you are talking about? I got a "LITHO" from a buddy a couple years back.... GOT IT for a song... IT ROCKS.... :banana:
 

Attachments

  • maxell.jpg
    maxell.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 85
A friend of mine showed me a picture he got at an electronics show some years ago. He was at the Maxell booth, and they superimposed his picture in the "Blown Away" picture.
I was wondering if anyone ever had this done, I wish i had a chance to do it, as an
owner of JBL L100's myself. Maybe when I finally get my quadrex grills redone, I can have
someone help me photoshop it. On Monday, I will try to contact Maxell for a free poster.
 
herbman1975 said:
Hello everybody! I am a newbie to the forum!

As of December, 2005, Maxell has reintroduced the 'Blown Away Guy' ad campaign.

You can get a FREE 40" X 20" poster of the original 'Blown Away' image from Maxell by calling thier marketing department. They look great framed up near Hi-Fi gear. Don't pay $30 for one off eBay or some other site - mooch it up for FREE!

The number is: 1-800-533-0515, ask for the marketing dept. Don't tell em' you're from a forum so everybody can cash in!

herbman1975

What did you say to the person in the marketing department? "I want a free blown away poster"
 
Apparently the guy pictured in the Maxell AD is the lead singer with the 80's goth-group BAUHAUS. Mr Peter Murphy.

It's amazing what you can find out from the 'net.
 
herbman1975 said:
Hello everybody! I am a newbie to the forum!

As of December, 2005, Maxell has reintroduced the 'Blown Away Guy' ad campaign.

You can get a FREE 40" X 20" poster of the original 'Blown Away' image from Maxell by calling thier marketing department. They look great framed up near Hi-Fi gear. Don't pay $30 for one off eBay or some other site - mooch it up for FREE!

The number is: 1-800-533-0515, ask for the marketing dept. Don't tell em' you're from a forum so everybody can cash in!

herbman1975


I just wanted to say thanks to the guy with the herb for providing the info
on getting the free poster from Maxell. Immediately after this post, I
called and left a message for marketing. I never got a return phone call.
Weeks later, I called back and left a message for customer service. Again,
no return phone call. Then I ran into someone wearing a Maxell shirt,who
had retired from Maxell. He gave me a contact name of someone high up in the company. I called the same customer service lady, who did not want to
put me through. Next day I got a return phone call, and the day after that, I
got 2 free posters! I just got back from Staples. They have a sale on lamination, $5 for both posters! What a score! Well worth the hassle!
Thanks Herbsman! My son and I are "BLOWN AWAY"
 
I had a picture taken with me in the chair at a video store years ago. Maxell had some kind of promo going at the store.

The picture now sits inside the frame of the original photo poster.

Gary
 
Back
Top Bottom