• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCD-301 sonic quality?

The baby finally arrived. There's something extremely satisfying about owing and setting up one of these. From the bomb proof packing box, to the beautiful reflective glass panel, and the big fat silver buttons. Lucky I didnt buy a different brand. :smoke:

I was so afraid that it may sound digital, but on the contrary is smooth and musical even right out of the box.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • DSC_1080.JPG
    DSC_1080.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 571
Actually, the 301 will be for my 2nd rig down in the basement. Right now it sits beside my MCD/MDA1000 temporarily cause I want to see how it stacks against the top of the line stuff. I'm going to use the Analog out on the 301.
 
The baby finally arrived. There's something extremely satisfying about owing and setting up one of these. From the bomb proof packing box, to the beautiful reflective glass panel, and the big fat silver buttons. Lucky I didnt buy a different brand. :smoke:

I was so afraid that it may sound digital, but on the contrary is smooth and musical even right out of the box.

attachment.php

Stereopal,

Looks like the player has the thick aluminum sides. The display is different also. How's it sound so far compared to the MDA combo? 90%, 95% of the MDA performance?

Indy
 
The top and sides of the 301 look just like the 871. Compared the the 871 disc tray I noticed the 301 tray is real thin. Looks like the 301 is built like a tank.
 
The top and sides of the 301 look just like the 871. Compared the the 871 disc tray I noticed the 301 tray is real thin. Looks like the 301 is built like a tank.

It looks nice indeed. Too bad the 871 never got this transport fitted. :(

Stereopal: how is the tray wrt. build quality? (is it steel or plastic?) And how's the access time when loading/skipping tracks on SACDs?
 
Actually, the 301 will be for my 2nd rig down in the basement. Right now it sits beside my MCD/MDA1000 temporarily cause I want to see how it stacks against the top of the line stuff.

Rick,
could you share with us your experience with MCD301 please?
How could you compare it to MCD/MDA1000?
Thanks
 
Actually, the 301 will be for my 2nd rig down in the basement. Right now it sits beside my MCD/MDA1000 temporarily cause I want to see how it stacks against the top of the line stuff. I'm going to use the Analog out on the 301.

Well get busy were dying to here the report.

John
 
Gotta give me a little time, tonight I'll do some serious listening. Been busy all week.

The tray looks like steel to me rather than Aluminum but I wouldnt know unless I take a bite at it. Then again, it looks very much like the C1000 tray, from a feet away you cannot tell the difference. Steel or aluminum it makes no difference to me as long as it is not Plastic. It is firm and steady unlike the plastic tray of the 201.

I'll report back with more for sure.
 
Can anybody tell me how you advertise on audiokarma. My neighbor owns his own business and blows away retail price. Trust me. If I refer somebody, my discount gets better. You wont believe the prices. He has no overhead
 
I can quote prices but dont want to do it in the forum. Unsure if we are even okay to talk about such a thing. Dont want to break rules.
 
Can anybody tell me how you advertise on audiokarma. My neighbor owns his own business and blows away retail price. Trust me. If I refer somebody, my discount gets better. You wont believe the prices. He has no overhead

I can quote prices but dont want to do it in the forum. Unsure if we are even okay to talk about such a thing. Dont want to break rules.

I would suggest that you take a minute and read the forum rules. Then if you wish to be a site sponsor you need to PM the site owner, grumpy.


Carl
 
Back
Top Bottom