• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Most CRANKABLE Speakers

I wish that you had written : Most CRANKABLE Speakers With Outstanding Sound

PSB Stratus Golds, or my own speaker designs.
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
once again I am blown away by the insane equipment out there. I'll be researching for a while and will let you know what I come up with. I bought some JBL Stadiums for $75.00 as temps and will most likely blow them very soon.
 
Easy enough power to get loud.

It is not uncommon, however, for sound reinforcement speakers to be 4 ohms if you are queasy about that. But, then again, I think some of the non-pro speakers recommended are 4 ohms too.
I have some Infinity Kappa R7's that are 4ohm. I have no effing clue what that means for my Pioneer SX-1250. They sound ok, but not as punchy as I'd like.
 
Last edited:
Kappa 7's are really nice speakers, the 4 ohm rating means that the current demand from your amp increases, I think as long as you keep things sane with the volume level you will be fine. Placement of speakers makes a huge difference, closer to the wall increases bass, and lessens as you bring them further out but other things get better at that point. Trying them in a different room could make a big difference too, try to get them along a a long wall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
A pio1250 playing loud rock, pounding drums and loud guitars are all about cerwin vega, critical listeners choose other brands, the vegas do not get a big following from audiophiles, BUT this thread is where they fly the flag , hard hitting and loud, made for torture, they love it, everyone knows it, that mention other brands also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
Kappa 7's are really nice speakers, the 4 ohm rating means that the current demand from your amp increases, I think as long as you keep things sane with the volume level you will be fine. Placement of speakers makes a huge difference, closer to the wall increases bass, and lessens as you bring them further out but other things get better at that point. Trying them in a different room could make a big difference too, try to get them along a a long wall.
One of the Polydomes is blown. Not sure where to send them so they sit until I figger it out. Any recommendations? I live in Ventura County Ca. North of LA.
 
ebay, others might know of other sources. Have you checked them with a multimeter to be sure they are dead?
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
It would help, a lot, if you told us the application, party room, are you a DJ?
Size limitations, if any?
Budget?
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
From early winter 1986 thru spring of 1990 i ran a pair(often very hard) of SP-2's on SX-1250 in my 20 x 30 party room/arcade. They're a perfect match.

8vykkdnvb144debymv9g07e908.jpg
Long ago, maybe 1988, we threw a party at my buddy Jackie's house when his folks went out of town for the weekend. Great friends of ours had a band, Mars-X, so we borrowed a bit of their PA - Peavy SP-2s and an Altec 9440 to power them. We set the SP-2s up on the hearth on either side of the fireplace in his family room. I believe I borrowed a friend's Hitachi preamp, my dad's hk1000 tape deck and a long forgotten CD player. Yeah . . . that **** was epic. Those SP-2s could put out a lighter at 10 feet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: t j
I like to feel it as much as hear it. Don't mind distortion, but I tend to blow drivers.
Because your amp is to weak.

Will my Pioneer SX-1250 power pa speakers adequately?
Your amp is to weak.

I bought some JBL Stadiums for $75.00 as temps and will most likely blow them very soon.
Because your amp is to weak.

You need to learn about power vs. speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom