• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

my sad collection of "New England" loudspeakers

"I know! You should really get yourself a pair of EPI 1000's."

I would have to sit in the next room, but again as big as those suckers are I shouldn't have a bit of a problem hearing them :thmbsp:
 
Toasted Almond, I also have a pair of ADC 303ax's. Bought then new in 1972. Would you happen to know the crossover value on those? Thanks.
 
AR90s and AR48s for me, still looking for a pair of 4s and some KLH to start a collection like yours, MrHardy.
 
Gotta join in with my four sets of New England "speakas":

AR-9
AR-3A
AR-2Ax
Large Advents

:tresbon:
 
Last edited:
Not sure I have anything besides....

BA A150
BA A100 (2 pair)
BA A70
BA CR9 (don't quite fit that sealed box description though)
KLH 20
AR4x
EPI M100
EPI T/E 70 (actually my brother's but they're at my house now)
Advent/1 (need tweeters)

Also have a pair of AR8b but they are modded with different drivers and x-over so we won't count them.

Recently gave my BA T830 to my brother. He's in love.
 
Last edited:
MarkAnderson said:
Hmmm...let's see...

In the house:
AR3's
original Advents
Advent/1's
Advent/2's
Allison Two's
KLH 6's

Gone:
KLH 17's
KLH 32's
Advent/2's
AR4x's

...and I'm always looking. - Mark

Forgot to mention the Avid 103's. And just today, I picked up a pair of EPI T/E 70's. - Mark
 
Have a pair or two..

AR-3A's (2 pair)
AR-2ax (1 Pair)
AR-4x (4 pair)

Advent/4 (1 pair)
The Advent Loudspeaker - Utility (1 pair, New) (1 pair, Original)
Advent Prodigy Tower (1 pair)

KLH 23 (2 pair)
 
Last edited:
Bozak, Yes

AR, KLH, Advent, Allison, EPI, Genesis Physics, Cizek, Boston Acoustics, Bozak - all considered classic New England speakers
 
Hmm, not a lot here but counting what has passed through;

On site;

Original Advents (2 pair)
2nd (Steel basket) Advent (1 pair)
Polk Monitor 7B

Passed through;

EPI T/E 100s
EPI T/E 120s
EPI 120B
Advent Prodigy
Utility Advent
Infinity Qa an Qe

Rob
 
Last edited:
No one has a pair of Advent Maestros? Still under Koss design when produced.

What do you guys know of them?

I love mine.
 
New England.....to NY

NE:
Genesis Physics model 2 (Fred Locke-anyone remember?)
EPI 180's
EPI 400's

Rectilinear 3 & X1
Dahlquist DQ-10/DQ-1W

New Sound-Smith Monarchs
 
My first speakers were the EPI 100s, carefully chosen, with a Marantz 1030 integrated and an AR turntable - a classic combination but the ex got it all. What price freedom?


Today,

Large Advents - originals in walnut, wonderful
Avid 102s - were the back speakers in a 5.1 system; a bit more rocker than Advents
Baby II Advents - suck
Advent Center Channel - sucks worst

I'm thinking of getting a matching set of Large Advents and trying the stacking scheme. Should one connects each channel's pair in series or in parallel? I'll poise a technical question about this in a seperate thread.
 
My current NE collection:

KLH 17
BA A-40
BA A-60 Series II
BA A-70
BA A-100
BA CR6
BA CenterSat 7 ( I have 2)

Gone:

Utility Cabinet Original Advent
BA HD-5
BA T930
 
2 pairs of AR-4x - torn apart for rehab
BA A-150 - need refoaming
ADS L-520 - need woogers & a tweet
Not having much luck with NE speakers...
 
Back
Top Bottom