• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New music doesn't all suck, does it?

Can't know if you don't like it if you never listen to it :)

This is so true..If you start to force yourself to listen to new things a few times you learn to appreciate the artist more once you are able to actually hear the artistry....its the same with new foods,You brain actually needs to learn to associate flavors with the nutrients they provide...this is how food cravings are formed...you learn to like foods you previously did not.


the modern version of "Donna summers" Lexie Liu amazing new young artist that writes her own music and lyrics. I highly recommend.

 
For those who like new music - within the last 10 years, give me a YouTube link to one song (if you could only pick one) that you'd play for a friend to expose them to new music.
One I have shown to people, from the Rona Yellow Robe album Sunday's Child.

 
Last edited:
one of the worst things about the audiophile world , is that its primarily a bunch of old boomers that aren't open to new music and keep playing the same old tunes over and over.

I mean this is new music, but is it really just old people making the same music they always did.


That's why I listen to things like Kpop, because they are actually creating new music.
 
one of the worst things about the audiophile world , is that its primarily a bunch of old boomers that aren't open to new music and keep playing the same old tunes over and over.

I mean this is new music, but is it really just old people making the same music they always did.

That's why I listen to things like Kpop, because they are actually creating new music.
This thread has a history; the OP mentioned other recent threads about new music, and in those the definition of what new music is was debated. The OP of one of them said, "I do believe that a remake of an old song (performed by a different band) qualifies as a new song, no different than a remake of an old movie." My assumption, then, is that "recency" of the recording/performance is the standard, not when a piece of music was penned, and the OP of this thread gave us a 10-year window.
 
Driving the boss's truck (he had Sirius) I stumbled on this pair. Absolutely fantastic song, great production, cool video.

EDIT - Whoa! This was 9 years back?? Dammit, tempus, stop fugiting!

 
Closed mind my ass. My kids started listening to rap before it was called rap. They still do and ones 40 and the others 37. I still can't stand it and I don't call it music.

I'll listen to this again and see if it changes my mind:dunno:

View attachment 2625178

That doesn't seem to be rap. Old or new, I've always thought most rap and most metal sucks big time. :thumbsdown:
 
Symphonic wind and brass music is improving all the time. Classical performers either as soloists or in small groups or as large Symphonic groups march onward, too. There are those musicians out there helping us to understand previous generations of music all the way back to the baroque Period, too. Now pop music for me especially when it comes to rock and roll is the big question mark for me. I have never really been a fan. To much noise and distortion for me. But when played by others in a different vain can be quite enjoyable. The idea of some of the digital gadgets used now days to make people sound if they sing in tune, etc just boggles my mind. They shouldn't be in the business if they can't even sing or play in tune .

I am sad all my favorite swing and Jazz bands are gone and not being replaced . There are musicians of equal talent, but pulling a large Swing band together economically really isn't feasible anymore. Might be fun to do that if I won the big lottery. What else would you do with a billion dollars? Buy Mcintosh back and make it a stand alone company with bucks to keep developing new things and return to making its own speakers. Bring SME into the country in a big way by passing all the import and distributor mark up prices?
 
Simply put...no. There's always going to be new talent.

Personally, I tend to avoid the female screamers, urban-talk types, and the speaking-songsters who have no singing talents. But, this is just my own biases.


Music changes with the times. Dylan would agree to this.


Q
 
Yesterday I was waiting in the lounge for a vehicle inspection and over the PA they were playing Seventies music. It sucked. I felt like I was being Soylent Greened. "Here, Boomer, just relax while we turn you into food". Rock peaked in 1966. Just ask today's kids.

.
 
Here is my entry; 2Cellos. To add my twist this is an instrumental version of a much older song.

There is so much good new music available right now. The problem is it buried under mountains and mountains of pure dreck. Find new stuff you like can be very challenging. You find the good stuff where you can.
The Rodrigo y Gabriela of Cellos
 
Back
Top Bottom