• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

NS-200M, Well?

milo63

Everett, WA
Subscriber
I've got a pair of NS-690iii (and a few other speakers), is the NS-200M a sideways move?
BE tweets and 10" woofers compared to the 12" on the 690.
 
Register to hide this ad
image.jpg Well Milo, I have the NS 70t which is allegedly the consumer version of them. I think you’ll trade off some deeper bass for better mids and highs, with the metal domes. The NS 690’s are pretty sweet though. Hello
 
I was under the impression that they were beryllium, I was wrong. Apparently.

Titanium mid and tweeter domes. Evidently very good.

I was familiar with the unimpressive sound of these speakers when driven with a mediocre receiver. One day I brought over a CD player, and a Yamaha MX-1000 amp, and those NS-200's came to life. The improvement was stunning. With a good amp, these speakers can sing. Btw, my reference, and everyday speakers were and are NS-1000's.
 
Heck my NS 70t’s sing quite well with a “mediocre” Yamaha RX 596 receiver. Must be something about the Yamaha house sound that works with them. I hope to go through my recently acquired Yamaha M60 amp and see how it works with them.
 
Modern monitors detailed 3D sound more than KEF R300. Titanium high/mid domes - like some JBL speakers - compared to LX44 or L-112 have NS-200M more transients and microdynamics(clarity). For my ears OK. :) 20220426_211818.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom