• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

Anyway, expect the shipper to contact you and correct the pricing. The Open box version (Amazon return) is version B (extra $33) with tube cage cover (extra $20). Your $301.74 total cost is a bottom end version (A) with no cage cover which is not sold on Amazon. So expect $53 extra.
@Lotoboy Well...hmmm. Yes that does seem to be a problem. I guess I presumed that when I chose the condition as Open Box...because it was only available in one specification, that all the features associated with that selection would be included. And the ordering process let me do it...but now I can look at it from a different way and understand what you're saying.

How is China Hifi Audio associated with Amazon (TubeAmplifierStore)? If the Open Box version is a return to Amazon USA, why are they not selling that returned version also on Amazon. And why is the shipping charges ($156) so high if these units are just coming from state-side Amazon? I hope you understand why I'm confused. It's late, maybe I just need sleep...lol.
 
Last edited:
@JigsawC5 I wonder if we were looking at the same open box unit--I saw that earlier today, but when I went to check out using PayPal, shipping costs to the Mitten State were $156. (I even went through it a couple of times to see if I did anything wrong.) I also wonder if they have more than one open box unit available, as I went just now and they show it as a choice.
@Wildcat As you can see from my previous reply to Lotoboy..I might have a problem. Being that I was dealing with China Hifi Audio, and nothing in connection with Amazon (TubeAmplifierStore). And while reading the introduction notes for the A10, and it listing the only 1 specification list for the USA open box version (upgrade transformer, pt-to-pt, cage, 120v)...well that was the ONLY input I used when ordering it. I figured since it only comes one way...and I chose it, I would get the correct pricing for that condition. Apparently, it will let you choose any specification with the Open Box condition. Nothing is locked out. And yes I've got the same $156 shipping to Texas.

Geez....good grief Charlie Brown.....guess I better get a email out to them.
 
Just to give a update and still in the wee hours of the night, I've just exchanged several emails with Mr. Yong Lee, owner of China Hifi Audio.

He informed me that yes, completing the order as I did, would have bought me the PCB version and no tube cage. He asked if I wanted the the welded version and the tube cage, it would be $53...so I told him to invoice me on Paypal for the difference. Done.

I asked him how long until it shipped and would this be coming from China? He answered back that it would be sent in 3 days from USA, after his partner checked out the amp before sending.

So perhaps there is a connection between the Amazon seller (TubeAmplifierStore) and China Hifi Audio after all.
 
Last edited:
I bought this unit from Amazon 3 weeks ago. While I like it a lot, I think I'm going to return it, spend a little more and buy the A50. I heard the 300b SET amp is sweet on the mid range, and I want to try my female vocalist collection with it.

Anyway, expect the shipper to contact you and correct the pricing. The Open box version (Amazon return) is version B (extra $33) with tube cage cover (extra $20). Your $301.74 total cost is a bottom end version (A) with no cage cover which is not sold on Amazon. So expect $53 extra.
I had some upgradeitis before I bought mine. Looking at other Reisong models, including A50. If I didn't already have Rogue amps, I'd do same. I've got some confidence other models from same company will be worth $$ paid. If you do, be sure to post about it.
 
Just to give a update and still in the wee hours of the night, I've just exchanged several emails with Mr. Yong Lee, owner of China Hifi Audio.

He informed me that yes, completing the order as I did, would have bought me the PCB version and no tube cage. He asked if I wanted the the welded version and the tube cage, it would be $53...so I told him to invoice me on Paypal for the difference. Done.

I asked him how long until it shipped and would this be coming from China? He answered back that it would be sent in 3 days from USA, after his partner checked out the amp before sending.

So perhaps there is a connection between the Amazon seller (TubeAmplifierStore) and China Hifi Audio after all.

TubeAmplifierStore is Amazon seller name for China Hi Fi. He contracts a technician in Wisconsin to do warranty repair and checking on returned items for him in the States. Here's the information I got from China Hifi Website under Warranty tab "We have one maintenance center in UNITED STATES, it is done by Arjay-Ellis Audio in Racine, WI 53403, a many years experienced technician for repair of tube amplifiers. Please note they are subcontractor and not a China-hifi-Audio subsidiary. So please always contact us first for any warranty issue."
I think the $156 shipping is for him to recover the shipping cost to the first buyer and to keep the returned amp price around $40 less than a brand new one.

I think you're going to like the amp. Old Guy8 did a great job describing his experience, and most if not all of his observances are correct.
 
If your still coming to AK. I'm late to responding, sorry. Unless your turntable has a built in phono preamp (most don't), you will need a separate one, between your TT and amp. For there isn't one built into this amp. Phono preamp needed, will depend on if you have a high or low output cartridge. Most moving magnet cartridges are high output.
If I can be of help?
Yeah I ordered one of these amps last week and am still awaiting delivery. Thanks for responding.
What do you mean by moving magnet cartridge?
 
Living in Denmark my only option is to buy it directly from China-hifi-Audio.com in Guangzhou. The price included shipping is $442 (3-7 days express delivery) or $285 (30-40 days by train/truck). I am not really comfortable having it scrambling along in a train or truck from China to Denmark.

By the way - Does a phono preamp go into the Aux on the A10? And what about a streaming device? Thanks again for helping a novice when it comes to the technical stuff :)
I have, or had, the same question? What is a good phono pre-amp?
 
@Wildcat As you can see from my previous reply to Lotoboy..I might have a problem. Being that I was dealing with China Hifi Audio, and nothing in connection with Amazon (TubeAmplifierStore). And while reading the introduction notes for the A10, and it listing the only 1 specification list for the USA open box version (upgrade transformer, pt-to-pt, cage, 120v)...well that was the ONLY input I used when ordering it. I figured since it only comes one way...and I chose it, I would get the correct pricing for that condition. Apparently, it will let you choose any specification with the Open Box condition. Nothing is locked out. And yes I've got the same $156 shipping to Texas.

Geez....good grief Charlie Brown.....guess I better get a email out to them.
I bought an A-10 thru China HiFi last Thursday, paid the same price for delivery in AZ, and am anxiously awaiting delivery myself. Best of luck to you.
 
TubeAmplifierStore is Amazon seller name for China Hi Fi. He contracts a technician in Wisconsin to do warranty repair and checking on returned items for him in the States. Here's the informati
Yeah I ordered one of these amps last week and am still awaiting delivery. Thanks for responding.
What do you mean by moving magnet cartridge?
I'm not an expert.
It's a description of a type of cartridge design. In general, most cartridges are Moving Magnet (MM) vs a few are Moving Coil (MC). You likely have a Moving Magnet cartridge. Its stylus/cantilever has an integral magnet attached, which moves with cantilever vibration.
Moving Coil cartridges generally start at a few hundred dollars. Some Moving Coil types require a phono stage with higher amplification. You would know difference if you had such. They have a moving coil. These cartridges do not have replaceable stylii. Whole cartridge can be retipped at a cart factory.
 
I'm not an expert.
It's a description of a type of cartridge design. In general, most cartridges are Moving Magnet (MM) vs a few are Moving Coil (MC). You likely have a Moving Magnet cartridge. Its stylus/cantilever has an integral magnet attached, which moves with cantilever vibration.
Moving Coil cartridges generally start at a few hundred dollars. Some Moving Coil types require a phono stage with higher amplification. You would know difference if you had such. They have a moving coil. These cartridges do not have replaceable stylii. Whole cartridge can be retipped at a cart factory.
Oh okay, yeah I have come across that term before. I’m connecting with a Technics SL1200-MK2, or maybe the U-Turn audio TT. Don’t know, lol! But obviously I’ll need something to connect the TT to the amp.
Have any suggestions?
Btw, thank you ever so much for replying.
 
Oh okay, yeah I have come across that term before. I’m connecting with a Technics SL1200-MK2, or maybe the U-Turn audio TT. Don’t know, lol! But obviously I’ll need something to connect the TT to the amp.
Have any suggestions?
Btw, thank you ever so much for replying.
I'm really not the best guy to give you phono pre advise. I've always just used whatever was built into my integrated amp
My Cronus Magnum tube amp was special ordered with out a phono pre, by original owner. So I bought a Emotiva XPS-1 that another AKer had for sale.
You might try starting a new thread in the Turntables thread. Asking for a recommendation. Give a budget , gear your useing and sound you like. You can spend $25 to thousands for one. You should get a lot of posts with recommendations. There are AKers that try a lot of gear.

Edit: Think I paid $100 for the XPS-1.
 
Last edited:
Like @Old Guy8 says, there are some good entry-level phono preamplifiers for not a lot of money. The Emotiva XPS-1, NAD PP-2, Musical Fidelity V-LPS, Bellari, and a few others that can be found for $100 or less in used condition.
 
If sub is doing the heavy lifting, you might get by. A matter of degrees you need to turn the dial.
I see seller I bought from raised price $60 and many weeks out to ship right now. Maybe price hike result of favorable press?

Still doing research into connecting sub to the A10 and just spoke to a technician at Lyngdorf (speaker manufacturer) and also spoke to the dealer. Their main concern was of hum/buzz when parallel connecting the sub using the high level inputs. Any thoughts on that?
 
Still doing research into connecting sub to the A10 and just spoke to a technician at Lyngdorf (speaker manufacturer) and also spoke to the dealer. Their main concern was of hum/buzz when parallel connecting the sub using the high level inputs. Any thoughts on that?
Sorry I never have used high level inputs.
When I was considering a REL sub, it is their preferred method, even when low level is available.
Try searching AK useing sub. Or start a new thread in Speaker thread with that question, and add background info. If you don't get responses here.
 
Last edited:
I use the high level inputs to my subwoofer ( Dayton Audio) from my GemTune SL-02 which is very similar to the
Boyuu A10 - IMG_7268.JPG IMG_7269.JPG absolutely no problems with any hum.
 
I found another seller HiFi Exquis who carried this in the hard-wired version without tubes, so I grabbed it. I had to order a decent rectifier tube from the UK but otherwise, I have someone sending me some tubes for the rest of the sockets. Re-reading it, they claim the amp will still ship with some 6N2P tubes, but they probably aren't so good, so no worries on having a couple others coming my way. I didn't get the tube cage either but that is not a big issue. At worst, if I feel this thing sounds like a turd, I can move it on, or hang onto it and do my own upgrades. It certainly has to be better than that awful TubeCube|7 I've had for a few years now.
 
I found another seller HiFi Exquis who carried this in the hard-wired version without tubes, so I grabbed it. I had to order a decent rectifier tube from the UK but otherwise, I have someone sending me some tubes for the rest of the sockets. Re-reading it, they claim the amp will still ship with some 6N2P tubes, but they probably aren't so good, so no worries on having a couple others coming my way. I didn't get the tube cage either but that is not a big issue. At worst, if I feel this thing sounds like a turd, I can move it on, or hang onto it and do my own upgrades. It certainly has to be better than that awful TubeCube|7 I've had for a few years now.
Wow...that looks to be a good deal. What was the shipping costs from them? I wish now I would have gone that way, as I've already full stocked up on Russian tube replacements. I've got the Gold Lion KT77 power tubes, Gold Lion GZ34 rectifier tube, and the Voskhod Rocket 6N2P-EV / EB preamp tubes from Viva Tubes. I've also ordered a pair of 12AX7 to 6N2 converter sockets, so I can try the Mullard !2AX7 preamp tubes as well.

Now I'm just hoping I get word that my amp has shipped soon. Getting really excited to try it out.
 
The Voskhod Rocket 6N2Ps are the same pair I'm getting. I wasn't sure if the tube adapters would work, since a 6AX7 (6N2P equivalent) is a 6-volt heater and the 12AX7 is 12-volt. Sure, I'd prefer to use a more common tube and to be honest, if someone with a schematic would be able to tell me which components to replace to make it capable of using a 12AX7, I'd be happy to buy the parts myself and make the change permanent. I found a Sylvania datasheet online that shows the 6AX7 and 12AX7 on the same sheet, with the only difference being the heater voltage and current (the 12 volt is half the amperage, of course).

I saw a few other nice amps but they had some really screwball tube choices, with little room to roll any.

Shipping was $90.50; the amp was $186.10. That was the point-to-point wired version with no tubes. But they were out of the other versions, so I can't vouch for price or availability there. I do appreciate being able to buy this without tubes, as I would have had to replace them anyways.
 
I'm not in a hurry to replace the Rocket tubes. I think they are very quiet.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to guess if and where efforts to improve the amp will have a positive effect. I have Tungsol el34s installed.
I think it sounds pretty good, as is.

I wonder if a few capacitors were upgraded could it make a noticable sonic improvement. However subjective the evaluation of what's improvement. Would this be better area to try upgrades?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom