• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

On Impulse I ordered a Boyuu Reisong A10 EL34, class A. Any experience? Add your opinion on it.

Just run a separate parallel set of speaker wires from the A10 to the left/right high-level input binding posts on your sub. The sub high-level inputs are high impedance, so connecting them in parallel is transparent to your amp and main speakers. You can use the combination spade/banana plug approupload_2020-4-20_19-23-58.pngach in my prior post to wire it cleanly (e.g. clamped spade speaker wires go to the sub, banana plug speaker wires go to the main speakers).

Thank you very much for replying to my questions. I will be trying your suggestionupload_2020-4-20_19-23-58.png when settled in after moving into the house again after renovation. I am not sure what high-level inputs are. Are the inputs high-level by default or is it something I have to select/adjust?

Rega Planar 3/Elys (2016 model)
Lyngdorf MH-2 on-wall speakers
XTZ 8.17 sub
 
Last edited:
If your sub is active (with own internal amp), as Peter above says use high level inputs. The A10 will only have to power the satellites, I believe. Disclaimer, I have never high level wired a sub.
Or, since you have not bought the speakers yet. Maybe, investigate a pair of high efficiency speakers. Near 100db spl efficiency. Some that can produce some bass with the 6 wpc. I don't have much experience with efficient horn speakers or open baffles.
Maybe you don't have the room or budget for it. Wall mounting is a limitation to good sound from most speakers, IMO. But that may not be first goal for you. Lot of variables to getting good bass.

Thank you for replying to my questions. I already have the speakers but the system is not installed yet due to ongoing renovation of my house. The sub is active. The speakers are chosen because of limited space in my living room. They will be replacing a pair of 30 year old Dali 104 floor speakers. Lyngdorf has developed these speakers specifically to be used on-wall, and by choosing the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 digital amplifier I can make use of the much appraised Room Perfect calibration. Hopefully that will get me some of the way to obtain a decent sound.

Rega Planar 3/Elys (model 2016)
Lyngdorf MH-2 on-wall speakers
XTZ 8.17 sub
 
Last edited:
Thank you for replying to my questions. I already have the speakers but the system is not installed yet due to ongoing renovation of my house. The sub is active. The speakers are chosen because of limited space in my living room. They will be replacing a pair of 30 year old Dali 104 floor speakers. Lyngdorf has developed these speakers specifically to be used on-wall, and by choosing the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 digital amplifier I can make use of the much appraised Room Perfect calibration. Hopefully that will get me some of the way to obtain a decent sound.

Rega Planar 3/Elys (model 2016)
Lyngdorf MH-2 on-wall speakers
XTZ 8.17 sub
There may be several two or three input options on back of your sub. If you have a manual, it might discribe.
If you could attach a clear close up picture of sub back panel connections with visible input markings, if possible.

Also, what is the ___ db spl efficiency rating of your satellite speakers. If you have specs. (I've been told that for about every 3 db spl lower the number rating, the needed amp wattage required for same volume level will need to double, every 3 dbs. I don't know if this is exactly true, but makes sense that it might be close.) So speaker efficiency is important for fly weight amps like A10.
 
Interesting, as I've been looking at an A9 which is also an EL34 amp, but also comes in kit form. (Which makes it easier to upgrade components prior to assembly, if desired.) The A10 at the Mall of Bezos has jumped quite a bit in price now--I've seen the A10 elsewhere for a fair price but don't really trust buying through that particular overseas site. And I don't know how much my credit card company would reimburse if I ran into a problem.
 
There may be several two or three input options on back of your sub. If you have a manual, it might discribe.
If you could attach a clear close up picture of sub back panel connections with visible input markings, if possible.

Also, what is the ___ db spl efficiency rating of your satellite speakers. If you have specs. (I've been told that for about every 3 db spl lower the number rating, the needed amp wattage required for same volume level will need to double, every 3 dbs. I don't know if this is exactly true, but makes sense that it might be close.) So speaker efficiency is important for fly weight amps like A10.




https://lyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-mh-2/Specifications
Description: 2-way speaker
Power handling: 100 W
Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
Tweeter: Size 1″, textile soft dome, PTC protection
Midrange driver: Size 5.25″, 35 mm voice coil, cone material: aluminum, vented magnet
Frequency response: 100 to 20.000 Hz (-3dB)
Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.87V/1m)
Crossover point: 2.2 kHz
Connections: Binding posts
Placement options: Key hole mounting, prepared for alternative brackets
Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.0 x 24.0 x 9.5 cm / 7.5 x 9.5 x 3.7 inches
Weight: 3.1 kg / 6.8 lb

Picture of XTZ 8.17 sub backpanel:

sub-17-series_5172007_Image1-p.jpg
 
Thank you very much for replying to my questions. I will be trying your suggestion when settled in after moving into the house again after renovation. I am not sure what high-level inputs are. Are the inputs high-level by default or is it something I have to select/adjust?

Rega Planar 3/Elys (2016 model)
Lyngdorf MH-2 on-wall speakers
XTZ 8.17 sub

Very weird -- when I look up the ZTZ 8.17 sub, I see a different back panel than you show in your photo.

The picture below is what I see (from here -> https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/sub-8-17), and the red & black binding posts are the high-level inputs.

SUB817_MatteBlack_back2.jpg


Below is your photo, which appears to be a different model than above, or maybe an older version of the above. In any case, the back panel in your photo does not have high-level inputs, so it wouldn't be plug & play to connect that one via speaker wires. I'm hoping your photo is wrong (e.g. grabbed from the internet versus an actual photo of your sub).

Let us know which photo is correct and we can figure out from there. Can't recall whether you've bought the sub yet or not, but you'd want to have high-level (speaker-level) inputs be one of the requirements you look for if you are going to use a tube amp.

View attachment 1838167
 
https://lyngdorf.com/lyngdorf-mh-2/Specifications
Description: 2-way speaker
Power handling: 100 W
Nominal impedance: 4 Ohm
Tweeter: Size 1″, textile soft dome, PTC protection
Midrange driver: Size 5.25″, 35 mm voice coil, cone material: aluminum, vented magnet
Frequency response: 100 to 20.000 Hz (-3dB)
Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.87V/1m)
Crossover point: 2.2 kHz
Connections: Binding posts
Placement options: Key hole mounting, prepared for alternative brackets
Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.0 x 24.0 x 9.5 cm / 7.5 x 9.5 x 3.7 inches
Weight: 3.1 kg / 6.8 lb

Picture of XTZ 8.17 sub backpanel:

sub-17-series_5172007_Image1-p.jpg
On the sub. I would just be guessing if you have a high level option or how to wire it. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Your satelite speakers are 87 db spl rated. I would say that's low efficiency. In my opinion, not a very good match for 6 wpc amp. I'm running 92 db speakers, which play loud enough for me, for 5' away jazz, in my 11' x 13' room. Will the A10 play your speakers loud enough for you, without distorting or clipping? I can't answer that.
I have 86db Magnepan panels I drive with 100 wpc or 200 wpc amps in 14'x25' room. Takes a fair turn of volume knob for 60-70 db sound meter reading.
 
Last edited:
Very weird -- when I look up the ZTZ 8.17 sub, I see a different back panel than you show in your photo.

The picture below is what I see (from here -> https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/sub-8-17), and the red & black binding posts are the high-level inputs.

SUB817_MatteBlack_back2.jpg


Below is your photo, which appears to be a different model than above, or maybe an older version of the above. In any case, the back panel in your photo does not have high-level inputs, so it wouldn't be plug & play to connect that one via speaker wires. I'm hoping your photo is wrong (e.g. grabbed from the internet versus an actual photo of your sub).

Let us know which photo is correct and we can figure out from there. Can't recall whether you've bought the sub yet or not, but you'd want to have high-level (speaker-level) inputs be one of the requirements you look for if you are going to use a tube amp.

View attachment 1838167
 
I just ordered the XTZ 8.17 sub this morning. I think I have figured out what went wrong with the picture. It comes from the danish dealers site and has to be a wrong picture. When I look up the larger 10.17 model it is the picture which I initially sent you. So the 8.17 does in fact have high-level inputs.
 
On the sub. I would just be guessing if you have a high level option or how to wire it. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Your satelite speakers are 87 db spl rated. I would say that's low efficiency. In my opinion, not a very good match for 6 wpc amp. I'm running 92 db speakers, which play loud enough for me, for 5' away jazz, in my 11' x 13' room. Will the A10 play your speakers loud enough for you, without distorting or clipping? I can't answer that.
I have 86db Magnepan panels I drive with 100 wpc or 200 wpc amps in 14'x25' room. Takes a fair turn of volume knob for 60-70 db sound meter reading.

I agree with you that 87 db efficiency is quite low and 6 wpc is very little. I still wonder if it matters that much when the A10 only has to drive the small satellites with tweeter and mid-range. The active sub (200 watt class D) will take care of the bass. The sub has got high-level inputs.
 

I just ordered the XTZ 8.17 sub this morning. I think I have figured out what went wrong with the picture. It comes from the danish dealers site and has to be a wrong picture. When I look up the larger 10.17 model it is the picture which I initially sent you. So the 8.17 does in fact have high-level inputs.
 
I agree with you that 87 db efficiency is quite low and 6 wpc is very little. I still wonder if it matters that much when the A10 only has to drive the small satellites with tweeter and mid-range. The active sub (200 watt class D) will take care of the bass. The sub has got high-level inputs.
If sub is doing the heavy lifting, you might get by. A matter of degrees you need to turn the dial.
I see seller I bought from raised price $60 and many weeks out to ship right now. Maybe price hike result of favorable press?
 
If sub is doing the heavy lifting, you might get by. A matter of degrees you need to turn the dial.
I see seller I bought from raised price $60 and many weeks out to ship right now. Maybe price hike result of favorable press?

Living in Denmark my only option is to buy it directly from China-hifi-Audio.com in Guangzhou. The price included shipping is $442 (3-7 days express delivery) or $285 (30-40 days by train/truck). I am not really comfortable having it scrambling along in a train or truck from China to Denmark.

By the way - Does a phono preamp go into the Aux on the A10? And what about a streaming device? Thanks again for helping a novice when it comes to the technical stuff :)
 
Living in Denmark my only option is to buy it directly from China-hifi-Audio.com in Guangzhou. The price included shipping is $442 (3-7 days express delivery) or $285 (30-40 days by train/truck). I am not really comfortable having it scrambling along in a train or truck from China to Denmark.

By the way - Does a phono preamp go into the Aux on the A10? And what about a streaming device? Thanks again for helping a novice when it comes to the technical stuff :)
There's two sets RCA inputs on back with selector button next to it. You can use either set for the phono stage (preamp). If your turntable also has a ground wire you can ground it maybe to phono stage and then on to amp chassis. At some inconspicuous screw, maybe underneath.
Streaming: You could of course use the second RCA set for your DAC or streamer ANALOG output.

Following is likely of no interest to your needs:
I have a more elaborate setup which multiplies my inputs from the two inputs to give me four inputs. It's complicated though. Uses a Toslink fiberoptic three way switcher prior to my stand alone DAC. So I can choose between a Chromecast Audio streamer , a Bluetooth receiver or a CD player. These three devices all have toslink outputs. That still leaves me an open RCA pair on A10.
 
For posterity. My Def Tec Supercube II, has multiple hookup options. I use all line level. Left & right speaker hook ups from the In amp to the sub High Level In, High Level Out from the sub, left and right speakers. Easy and sounds fabulous with my SMGs.
Glenn
s-l1600-4.jpg
 
Seeing how all of you are having so much fun, especially you Old Guy8!! I thought I'd jump into the pool too!

I had been debating between the Reisong MT34 Mk II and the Reisong A10. Reading as many reviews and comments as I could, I ordered the Reisong A10 from China-Hifi-Audio yesterday. I came around to that decision, based on that I believe that 6 watts/ch will be enough for either my Klipsch RP-600M or Klipsch RP-8000F speakers. And if any of you have been following the prices on that site, you'll have noticed that the shipping prices have absolutely skyrocketed due to the COVID-19 crisis and greatly reduced flights in/out of China. The beauty of this particular model (A10), they have set special shipping pricing, while all the other models continue to increase.

I also noticed that on Amazon the price is around $420 +sales tax. So I've taken a gamble, that I haven't read anyone doing yet....and ordered a Open Box (USA only) version. This comes with the upgraded transformer, point-to-point wiring, 120V, and tube cage. My total price was $301.74 complete. Seemed to be a great value I couldn't pass up. BTW...I have no connections with this company in any way. I'm hoping to report on how my service was, and what kind of condition this open box version, really is when it arrives in Texas.

Out of curiosity, I checked how the flights out of China using DHL. I found out that they had suspended all pick-ups effective April 18th...and would resume pick-ups on April 22nd. Site says Express Shipping 3-7 business days (assuming they have these boxed and ready to ship). We'll see how that effects delivery times.
 
Last edited:
Seeing how all of you are having so much fun, especially you Old Guy8!! I thought I'd jump into the pool too!

I had been debating between the Reisong MT34 Mk II and the Reisong A10. Reading as many reviews and comments as I could, I ordered the Reisong A10 from China-Hifi-Audio yesterday. I came around to that decision, based on that I believe that 6 watts/ch will be enough for either my Klipsch RP-600M or Klipsch RP-8000F speakers. And if any of you have been following the prices on that site, you'll have noticed that the shipping prices have absolutely skyrocketed due to the COVID-19 crisis and greatly reduced flights in/out of China. The beauty of this particular model (A10), they have set special shipping pricing, while all the other models continue to increase.

I also noticed that on Amazon the price is around $420 +sales tax. So I've taken a gamble, that I haven't read anyone doing yet....and ordered a Open Box (USA only) version. This comes with the upgraded transformer, point-to-point wiring, 120V, and tube cage. My total price was $301.74 complete. Seemed to be a great value I couldn't pass up. BTW...I have no connections with this company in any way. I'm hoping to report on how my service was, and what kind of condition this open box version, really is when it arrives in Texas.

Out of curiosity, I checked how the flights out of China using DHL. I found out that they had suspended all pick-ups effective April 18th...and would resume pick-ups on April 21st. Site says Express Shipping 3-7 business days (assuming they have these boxed and ready to ship). We'll see how that effects delivery times.
Congrats, and welcome to AK. Hope it pleases you, as I've enjoyed mine. It should have juice to run your Klipsch.
 
Congrats, and welcome to AK. Hope it pleases you, as I've enjoyed mine. It should have juice to run your Klipsch.
Thanks! A guy like you with a pair of Rogue's....if the A10 can make you smile, was all the endorsement I needed....LOL!

Just noticed that on the DHL site, they stated that an additional 3-4 days delay on shipping to USA, beyond normal time schedules.So I'm guessing best case scenario would be about 3 weeks.
 
I bought this unit from Amazon 3 weeks ago. While I like it a lot, I think I'm going to return it, spend a little more and buy the A50. I heard the 300b SET amp is sweet on the mid range, and I want to try my female vocalist collection with it.

Anyway, expect the shipper to contact you and correct the pricing. The Open box version (Amazon return) is version B (extra $33) with tube cage cover (extra $20). Your $301.74 total cost is a bottom end version (A) with no cage cover which is not sold on Amazon. So expect $53 extra.
 
@JigsawC5 I wonder if we were looking at the same open box unit--I saw that earlier today, but when I went to check out using PayPal, shipping costs to the Mitten State were $156. (I even went through it a couple of times to see if I did anything wrong.) I also wonder if they have more than one open box unit available, as I went just now and they show it as a choice.
 
Back
Top Bottom