• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Over the top system?

dr*audio

Fish fingers and custard!
A friend sent me this picture of an over the top system. It looks real to me. Anyone recognize the equipment?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've seen that picture before, it's a Avantgarde setup showing off their new brand of subwoofers (the big, odd looking things in the middle) to go with their horns.

Nah, just kidding, it's actually my bedroom stereo system.

- JP
 
Charivari said:
Nah, just kidding, it's actually my bedroom stereo system.

- JP

:rofl:

doc, I read a review by some owner of these speaks, he said he went through a kind of withdrawl when he was away too long from them.

Pete
 
piece-it pete said:
:rofl:

doc, I read a review by some owner of these speaks, he said he went through a kind of withdrawl when he was away too long from them.

Pete

Be neat to hear them someday. Too bad there are no more Audio shows in Cleveland.
 
dr*audio said:
Be neat to hear them someday. Too bad there are no more Audio shows in Cleveland.

175 miles to your NW there is one every year :)
 
:jawdrop: I likey, but I'll bet my son's Bose 401's would sound better! :D
Wouldn't mind giving it a listen though. You'd probably be able to bring the house down,(literally), with those monsters.
 
Charivari´s right as usual.
Theese are indeed Avangarde Trio horn Speakers, in this particular picture accompanied by 6 ( no less ) of their latest active Horn Subs. - Yes, each contains an amp inside.
I had the chance to hear the Trios ( without the subs.- unfortunately not yet available at the time ) a couple years back at the Hi-Fi Show in Lisbon.
They are amazing speakers, which I can only dream of, although I´m not sure I would buy them even if I could afford them.
The mid and tweeter horns are driven by cone and dome drivers respectively, which might account for my not being over-enthusiastic about them.
My dreams are still populated with Klipsch KH and Tannoy Westminster Royals.
Jorge
 
Careful there hifi_nut, my ego is large enough as it is. Keep complimenting me in even minor ways and soon there won't be enough room for my speakers past my head.

Oh yeah, Tannoy Westminster Royals, they too populate my dreams. I've drivers that should work just fine in a clone, so if I ever get a place large enough and find some plans, it's my hope to build myself a pair.

Who couldn't want a pair of these?
Westminster%20Royal%20HE.jpg


Come to think of it, your system, Jorge, has begun populating my dreams, can't get it out of my mind, the speakers are too good as is the rest.
- JP
 
Charivari said:
Careful there hifi_nut, my ego is large enough as it is. Keep complimenting me in even minor ways and soon there won't be enough room for my speakers past my head.

Come to think of it, your system, Jorge, has begun populating my dreams, can't get it out of my mind, the speakers are too good as is the rest.
- JP

Ok. JP, I´ll make you a deal. I won´t compliment you again if that bothers you, but in return you promise not to tease me with pictures like that ever again, especially before my bed time. It´s past midnight here in Portugal, I´m off to bed.
I´m almost sure I saw some plans for those Westminsters a few months ago in some site. I´ll run a few searches tomorrowand let you know if I find something.
Jorge
 
Oh, I don't know, Jorge, I don't think I can resist posting such audio porn. Those speakers are just too impressive. Sorry to have done that to you, but maybe it brought about happy dreams of a basketball court sized listening room and a pair of those speaks.

I would most certainly love to find the plans for these speakers. I've looked for them and encountered mention of them being out there, but thus far my search has been in vain.

Thanks,
- JP
 
Back
Top Bottom