• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL-2 in the house!

Unfortunately, it seems that I do have all the service manuals in the series except for the PL-2. Rats.

If you haven't already done so, give John's suggestion a try re: clean the pots. Make sure the capstan is free of belt residue as well.
 
If you haven't already done so, give John's suggestion a try re: clean the pots. Make sure the capstan is free of belt residue as well.

Yeah, those were done as well, part of my normal trouble-shooting routine. Oh well. Thanks for looking.
 
They have a PL-7 in the 'record store' room at Stereo Unlimited here in sunny San Diego. I like it very much.


Ben aka MacKat

Then buy it for playing your records. :D

It should work very well with the Shure V15xxxxxxx, Stanton 680/681 etc.

I have one too! :music:
 
No, it's theirs, you listen to records on it that you might want to purchase!


Ben aka MacKat
 
I like it that way! I have better turntables at home! Perfect for sorting out stuff there though!


Ben aka MacKat
 
I had a PL-7 years ago, it had speed problems. I sold it ,this is before I new that I could fix it! Laid off auto mechanic turned tt repairman,LOL. It played great when speed was good!

I still have a PL-? in storage, needs work.:scratch2:

John.:music::D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom