• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer Rack System

Wow! Did you press the buy it now button before or after the wife was aware of your intentions? Either way, you made the right move, but the garage does get a bit chilly for sleeping in the winter.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Great grab!!!!! That could have sold for tons more than it did. What was the guy thinking?
 
Last edited:
Wow! Did you press the buy it now button before or after the wife was aware of your intentions? Either way, you made the right move, but the garage does get a bit chilly for sleeping in the winter.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Great grab!!!!!

Before she was aware :smoke: - when she and I bought our house we agreed that both she and I could have ONE room which we were not allowed to hassle the other over the condition/contents thereof. Mine is the basement/workshop/computer/listening room. Hers WAS the 'craft room' which is now the nursery...

Will be interesting to see how this goes. She has been warming up to vintage audio - she is still mad at me for selling our Magnepan MGII's and putting Polk SDA-SRS 1.2tl in their place in the living room! :thmbsp:
 
Don't forget to ask about what sort of speakers he was running with that system. A system that nice is bound to have a nice pair of speakers lurking around
 
Bing cashback on BIN can make these deals even more attractive...

Great deal nonetheless.
 
we agreed that both she and I could have ONE room which we were not allowed to hassle the other over the condition/contents thereof. Mine is the basement/workshop/computer/listening room. Hers WAS the 'craft room' which is now the nursery...

I sue hope after this purchase she doesn't decide it's time to start filling that nursery with diamond encrusted items...
 
Being the eternal cheapskate I am, I used the Discover card so I would get the 2% cashback bonus. That way I can transfer from the checking account to Discover to cheat the system :)

GREAT idea about asking for speakers - the thought had not crossed my mind. I get the feeling he is selling these for someone else, though.
 
Did that come with BOTH racks, or just the spec rack?

Both racks, all rack mounts, ears, documentation, etc! Everything pictured - and I am crossing my fingers for a pair of HPM-1100's or HPM-1500's (although if I am that lucky I should be playing powerball) :scratch2:
 
That system is just incredible. It's wild how vintage home systems were so heavy duty. That thing is just beautiful! Congratulations on your new Hot Rod..
 
Congratulations, how long was that deal listed?
It would have been a 9 hour drive for me one way, don't I would have waited long to push that button.

Please let us know how it turns out and when you start to run out of space.
 
If you don't think there is quite the room in the car, try this:

Do a local rental of a minivan like the Toyota Sienna or something similar. Very cheap to do and just good value. You can also see what it will be like when you have more kids!!

You can either take out the middle seat(s) or fold the back seats flat to make room for the racks. Gives you a lot more room to work with so you won't hurt your back and lots more options on how to secure the system racks.

Secure racks with seatbelts and maybe surround with luggage or blankets. Otherwise, consider laying them down so they don't roll or tip.

I have had good luck with my Toytota Sienna Van, Handicapped conversion due to a roll-in ramp. You must secure an upright rack though because any turn will cause it to tip over!! And don't let them bang into each other. Don't ask me how I know. :tears:

So get them down to the lowest center of gravity. And Good Luck!

Bart
 
Good idea about renting a minivan. It may be less expensive than two trips and alot easier. I am anxious to see photos. Have a safe trip.
 
The ad is gone what was it? From posts I have an idea

See ebay link in first post. A double rack of Pioneer gear, one with SPEC stuff and a Pioneer RTR, the second rack with other Pioneer consumer rackmount gear.

All in all, a nice way to jumpstart a collection, and some vintage gear to share with the expanding family.
 
Heard back - no speakers! Ahh well... will post pics saturday!

Hmmm this has me pondering, hows it possible to not have and also how can you say everything works but not have speakers :scratch2: I would want to look around the place for speakers :yes: Of course I am addicted to speakers :D
 
Picked up the gear today - its still in my car - I am too tired to bring it inside. The gear was a fair deal dirtier than the pictures let on, but no dings or dents. I should be able to make it like new with some damp towels and chrome polish.

Appears to have been bought overseas (Germany?) the units are multi-voltage and the accompanying 3-ring binder is packed with brochures, service manuals, operating instructions, and schematic diagrams!

I will post some pics as I bring things inside and get them cleaned up. Stay tuned.
 
Back
Top Bottom