• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

POLL: Where are we from?

Where the hell are ya from?!

  • USA east of the Mississippi River

    Votes: 103 42.7%
  • USA west of the Mississippi River

    Votes: 78 32.4%
  • Canada

    Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Central/South America

    Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Europe

    Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Middle East

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Africa

    Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Asia

    Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Australia

    Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A ship at sea! (those stationed on a ship count, too!)

    Votes: 1 0.4%

  • Total voters
    241
Born in Lincoln, Nebraska; moved to Vermillion, South Dakota when I was three; then on to NE Tennessee when I was ten. I've been stuck here ever since, with the exception of a couple years at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Indiana. Most of my relatives are in Nebraska or Kansas -- Foe
 
Yeah I grew up only 2 mi from Toscani's

BeerCan said:
New Paltz huh? you must have eaten at Toscani's then. small world, Dino's mom was my godmother (Rachel).

Rememeber there used to be a TV shop in that spot. Jake Connelly sold Dumont TV's. My Dad bought one there, as did our neigbor. Good food came from Toscani's. Dad also bought an Eico tuner and amp from Jake. We were the first on Plains Rd to have FM. First on our second Dumont TV with FM,then the Eico. Then Jake went to the Merchant Marine and Toscani got the building. Probably mid 1960's and they have been there since! :D Great place to eat!

Eric
 
Born in Kingsport, Tn, lived in Rogersville most of the rest, except when I lived in Chattanooga & Richmond when I was going to school. Guess I'll be in Rogersville til the day I die... But you gotta be somwhere, & this place is no worse than other places-and lots better than some of the others I've been...-Sandy G.
 
Born in Pampa, TX in the godforsaken Texas Panhandle. Moved to Austin at five years old - been here ever since except for a year or two living wherever was convenient to oilfield work in SE Texas/SW Louisiana.

Oh... might explain that Buda is practically a suburb of Austin.

Alan
 
Born in Somerset UK but can't have liked it much because I moved to Hull Yorkshire when I was 6 months old. A few years at sea, a few in the Army. 9 years in Skipton Yorks, London 7 yrs. Then Long Island NY for the Last 21 yrs. Been dragging hifi gear around since 1973, I had 17 different addresses in London alone. Time flies when you're having fun or is that as the Frog said times fun when you're having flies.
 
Last edited:
Born and Raised in Baltimore, MD.

Moved to Felton, PA, (Just South of York...Home of the Harley Davidson)

Now living in North Carolina. (Yep, a Terrapin Fan since birth, now living in Tobacco Road Country. Needless to say, my Family has dis-owned me.)
 
Virginia...

born in RI....moved to Mass...Maine...NH...."U"Conn....did the whole New England thag...now enjoying the sunny sate of Virginia


Peace, Pogue
 
yamahammer said:
canada, wisconsin, illiNOISE fitting since i have many friends that have since left here for greener pastures audio wise like my friend Parker King who ran the fine KINGS STEREO been gone a long time Moved to indianapolis to seek his fortunes left a lasting impression on me audiowise it s amazing how much of his equipment still lives and sounds great still after 20 yrs vinyl rules:yes:
Springfield Il born and raised.
WooHooo Parker King :thmbsp: That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Turned me on to a lot of good equip also. When he was at Sundown One they had the first Phase Linear/Cerwin Vega setup I ever heard. I agree it was our loss when He left.
 
Another one from Springpatch IL, yep Parker, Doug and the rest from Sundown One. Rich at Apple Tree. At one time we had some fine audio shops. Now nothing. Sundown One is still around but not the same at all. Saw Rich last weekend while out garage saling. He had Ok Electronics for a while.

Jim
 
East of the Mississippi by less than one mile, I work west of the Mississippi by less than one mile. If Gull Dam breaks (we all say GULL DAMN) both will be under 40 feet of water about 20 miles south of here.
 
As William Burroughs woulda said, "Space! And I'll be returning to space!"
I'm currently residing in central Illinois.
Close enough to Springfield to know Rich K. Even drank a Guinness in OK Electronics with him once! Seems he didn't want paid $ for something, said something like "buy me a beer."
I bought my Kenwood KA-7100 new from Appletree Stereo.
A distant cousin's wife worked there, also-Monica T.
Small world!
 
Last edited:
stereofisher said:
Economy sucks thanks to the current occupant in the White House! But its home.

Eric

Reminds me of what Bobcat Goldthwait said back in the 80s - "Blaming Ronald Reagan for losing your job is like blaming Ronald McDonald for getting a bad hamburger."

Anyway,
Born in Ditch-row-it (in Fronch it is pronounced DayTwat I think)

Raised from the age of 3 months in Pelkie, MI which is a town(?) of about 100 people in the Upper Peninsula. Actually outside town, near absolutely nothing.

Then on to Michigan Tech, still in the Upper Peninsula, two miles past the end of the earth according to the popular postcard.

Moved to the metro Detroit region in 1994 and currently living in Center Line which is a 1-square-mile separate city completely surrounded by Warren MI, a 36-square-mile city that encompasses an entire urban township.
 
Born in Chicago, raised in Cleveland, spent some time in St Louis and Hartlepool, England. Currently still residing at the big Mistake on the Lake, eating perogies and hearing polkas while drinking Burning River Brew.

As far as politics go, I blame everything on Sonny Bono and Chester Arthur.

Go Buckeyes!

Pete

BTW toze, does that explain the current svelte physique? lol
 
Back
Top Bottom