• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Very nice looking deck reeltorock!

Gohan

It actually sounds quite nice, too. I just got around to cleaning and demagnetizing the transport for the first time since I bought it, and WOW what a difference. I think there was enough oxide on the capstans to throw off the tension control. Sometimes it wouldn't track properly until you stopped and hit play again a couple times. I've got the Blues Brothers soundtrack (prerecorded) playing now and it sounds nearly as clear as my Nak CR-7 did with the adjustable playback azimuth. Time to make a few recordings and see how it stacks up.

nu2toobs, that is a beauty Tandberg. I love their looks. One day....

Snade, that is probably the "highest-end" looking of the baby Akais. Yours is super clean too! Nice piece to have. Get her hooked up! I'd like to snag a copy of Every Picture Tells a Story sometime, too. Already got 2 or 3 copies of Deja Vu :D
 
214115.jpg

Techniques RS-B355
 
480 and a CR-2A Naks and a TEAC 3300S..
 

Attachments

  • DSC02807.JPG
    DSC02807.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC02808.JPG
    DSC02808.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 297
I've never listened to this one because the belts are shot, but it is in nice shape.

I had two of those decks for many years, really liked them and the recordings done on them still stand up as sounding great. I'd get that deck up & running.

je
 
Pioneer RT-707 and a Yamaha KX-W900. Great deck as it is two completely separate units :thmbsp: in one house but can also syncro dub or relay.
c-ya
ToddG
 

Attachments

  • YAM2.JPG
    YAM2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 224
  • YAM1.JPG
    YAM1.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 365
  • PIO1.JPG
    PIO1.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 278
My office space, from top to bottom Nakamichi CR-7a, Studer A721 (with burned out backlight on display), Panasonic SV3500. Panasonic SV3700. At the very bottom is a Z-Systems Digital Detangler for the DAT decks.

myoffice01.jpg
 
TEAC A4010SL project, SONY TCWR565
 

Attachments

  • DSC02636.jpg
    DSC02636.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC02637.jpg
    DSC02637.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom