• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post a picture of your turntable

TT was an experiment in using laminates of varying densities to decouple vibration and noise. Motor (Linn) is mounted to ply that is inside a box of balsa that is held in cutout in the top layer by silicone rubber.
Top layer is glued to lower layers with a thick rubber type glue. Bearing is Teres and platter was turned from 25mm acrylic by a local machine shop. Arm is an Acos GST-1 that my father bought in the 70s and still sounds superb. Cart is the 2M Black.

You should start a thread with more pics/diagrams if you have them. I'd love to see more.
 
TW-Acustic is based not too far from where I live so I thought it might be a good idea to get one of their tables, thinking about support and all that. Well, things spun a bit out of control and now it's a Raven AC with four arms on it. Err...

 
TW-Acustic is based not too far from where I live so I thought it might be a good idea to get one of their tables, thinking about support and all that. Well, things spun a bit out of control and now it's a Raven AC with four arms on it. Err...

That's borderline obscene, but in a good way. :thmbsp:
 
TW-Acustic is based not too far from where I live so I thought it might be a good idea to get one of their tables, thinking about support and all that. Well, things spun a bit out of control and now it's a Raven AC with four arms on it. Err...

Wow, that is quite a beast! How much does that thing weigh anyways? :scratch2:

And what is that, 2" (or whatever the metric equivalent is) threaded rod for the shelf? Sick.
 
New VTI Rack

Here's my finished analog rig on a VTI Rack. On top is the LT-30/SAE1000e, then the O2 headphone amp and Pearl 2 phono pre, some hi-res digital players (that don't get much use), and the homebuilt integrated Pass DCB1 pre and F5 poweramp. I can't get enough of this rig :music:

VTI%20Rack.jpg
 
Wow, that is quite a beast! How much does that thing weigh anyways? :scratch2:

And what is that, 2" (or whatever the metric equivalent is) threaded rod for the shelf? Sick.

It weighs in about 55 kg with all four arm bases attached. Quite a challenge to get this up on the shelf.

The shelf as such is basically an XXL version of a DIY rack suggested on the website TNT-Audio: http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html
I chose 30 mm threaded stainless steel bars instead of the 18 mm they suggest on TNT Audio and I also used 30 mm plywood instead of the 20 mm MDF to make the rack a slight bit more sturdy.
 
There are just no words that can adequately describe how beautiful that Teres is.
 
Last edited:
Here's my finished analog rig on a VTI Rack. On top is the LT-30/SAE1000e, then the O2 headphone amp and Pearl 2 phono pre, some hi-res digital players (that don't get much use), and the homebuilt integrated Pass DCB1 pre and F5 poweramp. I can't get enough of this rig :music:

VTI%20Rack.jpg

Nice!
 
Back
Top Bottom