• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post a picture of your turntable

I like the o ring idea! I have the ATPL120.. how many O Rings do you have on your tonearm and is there a better spot to place them if I only put 1 or 2 on?

I PM I LUVanalogl and advised me to contact Arcorob or FrankSol for diameter of the O rings and how many. I was interested too as my PL-518X has about the same specs and S tone arm as a ST-1200 etc.
 
I Received this as a birthday gift 2 days ago.

Stanton STR8-80
0536_zps88f5fb54.jpg

Ummmm...this is just my opinion..

Is it me or does that arm on your Stanton have no offset?
The tracking error except for perhaps one spot on the record would be horrendous.

Please correct me if I am wrong or if I missed something.

Matt............tubeornotube
 
Tried to slip that Kenny by us didn't you. :nono:

I notice you have the optional dust cover/disc, how about some back story on the TT,s acquisition.

Yes the optional dustcover disc and the outer record clamp ring.
Probably the first of its kind and inspired VPI record clamp ring many years later. I know VPI's head honcho/designer admired the L-07D's design features.
The L-07D's laminated platter also inspired VPI's platter for the TNT and others.

How I acquired it?

Long story short I traded from a gentleman in Hamilton whom I have made many purchases or trades over the last 10 years or more.
I learned he had it over a year ago when I went to pick up a pair of Acoustat Model 2's from him.
My jaw hit the floor when I saw it and he played it to demo the Acoustats.
He at the time said he may sell it so I scraped together the coin but when I told him I had cash to buy he decided to keep it.
So needless to say I was bummed out and spent the cash on something else.
Fast forward to this past early April...
I was inquiring regarding a Transcriptors he had for sale. He mentioned to me he may sell/trade a pair of Tannoy Westminsters he had and that I had seen.
I sent him a list of nice high-end components I would offer in trade.
He replied that all he was interested in was a few pieces, BUT he would trade the Kenny and the Transcriptors for them.
I said yes and here it is.
Sounds fabulous too but I have to wait for my arm to heal so I can play it again.I had only listened to a couple albums on it til now..

Matt......tubeornotube

Actually I think that was the long story.
 
Ummmm...this is just my opinion..

Is it me or does that arm on your Stanton have no offset?
The tracking error except for perhaps one spot on the record would be horrendous.

Please correct me if I am wrong or if I missed something.

Matt............tubeornotube

You're right. That's a DJ turntable that's designed for scratching, not for music listening.
 
Not sure if an alignment like Stevenson etc will work with that Stanton tonearm. Agree it's probably best suited for "scratch" DJ duty.
 
It is a DJ deck but i do not scratch with it and it sounds very good. The tonearm is straight but there is a adjustment in the head.
IMAG05391_zps815cd1f3.jpg
 
My stealth table:D

IMG_00331_zps4f1e1730.jpg


Recently resurrected Linn LP12. Black Ash plinth, Basik Plus arm, Grado Statement cart, Hercules power supply, Trampolin base, new springs and bushings. A little more tweaking but an amazing table as it is.

IMG_00341_zps5db3205d.jpg


and the not so stealthy Kenwood KD500 with the Mayware Formulae IV arm and Sonus Blue Gold cart.

IMG_00371_zps61bf3d12.jpg


Bought LNIB with all paperwork for arm and table.
 
Last edited:
It is a DJ deck but i do not scratch with it and it sounds very good. The tonearm is straight but there is a adjustment in the head.
IMAG05391_zps815cd1f3.jpg

Dude, IMHO, Im DJ and even I know that Craze Stanton cart is not the way to go. Those carts arent built like the old stantons and dont sound great. Plus that straight arm wont track right, especially when the cart cant be aimed properly to line up with the grooves. If you have any styrene 45s that could damage them.

But you got it as a gift, and you are enjoying the sound. When youre ready to upgrade, theres plenty of low cost options. Really, Im just glad youre listening to vinyl.
 
My Latest Acquisitions

My first Technics SL-Q3. Came equipped with a Shure V15 IV in great condition. Also, an SL-D2 and SL-D3. I had to use some deoxit on the pitch controls. All 3 sound great, but I must admit I like the quartz locked speed control on the SL-Q3.
 

Attachments

  • SLQ3-1.jpg
    SLQ3-1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 58
  • SLQ3-2.jpg
    SLQ3-2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 53
  • SLD2.jpg
    SLD2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 45
  • SLD3.jpg
    SLD3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 41
My main turntable the pioneer PL-12D with a Shure M75B cartridge.
 

Attachments

  • 20140803_162250[1].jpg
    20140803_162250[1].jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140803_162222[1].jpg
    20140803_162222[1].jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 41
My favorites, the Denon sisters:
Family photo:
14622867722_9affa68ab7_b.jpg


The older sister (but newer to me, Denon DP-60L):
14622868452_1d8ca5f997_b.jpg


And her younger sister (Denon DP-62L):
14600371536_74e0526d14_b.jpg
 
My favorites, the Denon sisters:
Family photo:
14622867722_9affa68ab7_b.jpg


The older sister (but newer to me, Denon DP-60L):
14622868452_1d8ca5f997_b.jpg


And her younger sister (Denon DP-62L):
14600371536_74e0526d14_b.jpg

Very Nice!!!!

We share the Dynaudio's and I do have one of your little brothers in a system!
Enjoy!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom