• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

R.I.P Mr Kirk Douglas

3551418459_ba958d8852.jpg
 
In my top 3. He was an ace in the hole. But you all need to be corrected, because I am Spartacus. If I could get a dollar for everytime that will be said today.

One thing good about it. TCM will soon have a week of his movies.
 

Requiescat in pace .. one of the best of the "old school" actors .. which is saying a lot.
 
Last edited:
Issur Danielovitch-I THINK...Think he was a ragman's son. Done pretty well for himself. One of you guys correct me if I butchered up the spelling of his name-it most assuredly was NOT done intentionally. I was/am, like a lot of us, pretty much in utter awe of him no matter what handle he went by.

I don't know if you spelled it right or not, but we know what you mean! He was a fine actor and person.
 
There was a "Doomsday" movie he made in the late 50s/early 60s that I can't remember the name of-it was about us & the Rooskies blowin each other up.. Anybody remember it ?There were a BUNCH of those made then....Always thought "Strangelove" was, IMHO, about the best of the lot, but that wasn't sayin' a whole helluva lot .Let's just say Kirk's talents were sorta "Wasted"...
 
There was a "Doomsday" movie he made in the late 50s/early 60s that I can't remember the name of-it was about us & the Rooskies blowin each other up.. Anybody remember it ?There were a BUNCH of those made then....Always thought "Strangelove" was, IMHO, about the best of the lot, but that wasn't sayin' a whole helluva lot .Let's just say Kirk's talents were sorta "Wasted"...

That sounds like Fail-Safe but Douglas wasn't in that. He was in Seven Days in May, definitely a Cold War movie. Maybe you're thinking of Richard Widmark in "The Bedford Incident."
 
I just dunno... There were SO many of them Potboilers made then..JR Ewing was in one, as was Boss Hogg, Walter Matthau... ****, they kept 3/4 of Hollyweird gainfully employed for awhile,,You'd catch 'em on the late, late show after the news & Carson were over. Gawd even I was a kid then. I watched 'em when I was in Hiskule, home for summer. We had Summer reading, & I got kinda hooked on them movies after reading "On The Beach" by Nevil Shute. Saw the movie of it, too, it was about the only one that really "Got" me.
 
Back
Top Bottom