• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Realistic STA-2000D receiver ...

I once carried by myself a SX-1250 Pioneer! A friend wanted me to look at.

That was a mistake..

I should have the side panels done today and in my LR system this afternoon!
Repaint the top, Etc...

It will be hooked up to some test speakers 1st, KLH 911B bookshelf model.

Rated @ 5-100watts. Very efficient speakers.


Thanks,
John.:music::D
I just tested the AR's (which I have a separate post on) on my HT system just to find out how they sound and they need work so I'm glad I didn't carry them upstairs first. Those buggers weigh a ton. They're not much bigger than my L88's, but the latter feel like featherweights by comparison. My fisher RS-1080 receiver weighs just a tad over 70 lbs. I had my daughters BF help me with it upstairs. We may be stuck in this house the rest of our lives unless someone helps me bring it back down, should we decide to move. Those receivers are so cool, but as you get older, it's not as fun anymore (to carry anyway).
 
Bloody hell, those sides look nice. Are you talking about the speaker source selector and the volume? Only ones that appear different.

Nice work.

Yup, that was the only knobs I had to replace them with for now after he shaft repairs. It will get tested well tomorrow!

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
John,
Here's a shot of my 2000D. Your display lights are so white, LEDs?

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 2000D 1.jpg
    2000D 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 249
They are the bulbs that were in there, I replaced one, waiting for another set in the mail so they would all be the same. Could be the camera settings too!

stanley 8v 0.3a bulbs original. I put one 14v car bulb in for now that burnt. It is done for now, I will change the side panels to real wood in the future. I wanted to see how the vinyl covering looked.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Last edited:
OK, I am playing the receiver in the LR with the Advent AS42 speakers!
Very powerful amp! fills the room with 10 o'clock volume setting!

Sound is smooth and clear! Sinatra sounds live!

Still need to play some LP's.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Last edited:
OK, I am playing the receiver in the lR with...

OK, I am going through the list and not coming up with what this could be...

Living Room
Dining Room
Bedroom
Bathroom
Den
Library
Kitchen
Laundry Room
Work Room
Garage
Smoke House
Carriage House
Pool Room
Conservatory
Hall
Study
...

Can't find a fit...

Need a head scratcher emoticon here...
 
OK, I am going through the list and not coming up with what this could be...

Living Room
Dining Room
Bedroom
Bathroom
Den
Library
Kitchen
Laundry Room
Work Room
Garage
Smoke House
Carriage House
Pool Room
Conservatory
Hall
Study
...

Can't find a fit...

Need a head scratcher emoticon here...

Living Room..I may have hit the wrong key.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
I'm holding onto all of mine.....just picked up another STA-2000 today that was on CL......a little pricey at $100.....but it appears to be mint...that makes a pair of 2000's... one 2000d...and my STA-2100 that has passed the sansui G-7700 as the "go to" system...:yes:......and it just looks so darn cool lit up....:D........
 

Attachments

  • realistic sta 2100.jpg
    realistic sta 2100.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 67
  • LINCOLN 100.jpg
    LINCOLN 100.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 83
Repairing The Wood Vineer!

Anyone wanting to repair the walnut vineer end caps can do the same as I did to my Realist 2080. I replaced them with real walnut and stained them with a clear finish. Turned out beautiful!
 
My STA-2000D is in need of servicing. I took it out of rotation.

Not bad for $5.00. It lasted a while.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Back
Top Bottom