• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Redboy's fuse-popping machine

Hey, that's pretty good, Ed!

But, no...

Betcha nobody thought of this:

attachment.php

cool project, but that carved trunk is really a work of art!
 
While remote, did you by chance check to see if the fault might not be the big caps in the power supply? polarity correct? Or maybe some missing isolation hardware on rectifiers? Just some idle thoughts.
 
Whoops! Thanks for the suggestions, fellas - I should have made a point to say that I sorted things out!

I lifted the diodes off the aluminum piece they were mounted to and isolated them with insulating kit. The power supply now works perfectly and has been supplying pure, clean DC to my new speakers.

Check 'em out! My Feastrex thread is over here:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481039
 
Back
Top Bottom