• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scope on model 19

53sparks

New Member
I am looking at a 19, I see it has a scope, what does a scope do?
How do I know if it even works? I think the price is fair, do these have any value if the scope does not work?
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
The scope is used as a sophisticated tuning meter. There is a switch that allows you to use it for a center tuning meter or to tune for minimum multipath. It has been years since I had a 19 and I can't remember what it should look like for a properly tuned station, and if the alignment is off you may not be able to get the proper indication, but the scope could be ok. Just make sure the trace is bright and sharp, not blurry, that you can center it on the screen, and that it moves when you tune to a station. You should be able to find an owner's manual on line somewhere that will explain how to use it.
Yes, the receiver is worth plenty even with a bad scope. You can buy a scope tube for around $300 on e-Bay.
 
Back
Top Bottom