• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Very nice. Think it is also possible to run the TA-2000F as some sort of 3-channel preamp. It has a single output marked "Center".

And, just cause it is so purty and and sounds so good (probably my favorite 'traditional' single-ended BJT amp) I tossed the TA-N77ES into the rack and am tapping my foot to some excellent sounds. :music: Bessie Smith at the moment.

TA-N77ESInRack.jpg


Got to stop schlepping these amps around. 61 pounder came out and 57 pounder goes in. Need to figure out a way to do all of this heavy lifting at waist high level. Getting too old for this.
 
Very nice MrSlacker !

I finally got my study system up and running.

- Wega V120 amp (Sony TA-F30)
- Sony CDP-X555ES cdplayer
- Sony MZ-N10 MD-walkman (not visible on pic)
- Sony SS-G4 speakers

I have a Sony TA-F55 on the way, which will replace the Wega (which will serve as an attic amp or something else.

This stuff sounds surprisingly good for its size :banana:

Still need a TT for it, and a decent rack (and space !), but this will do for now :)
 

Attachments

  • DSC00519_rs.jpg
    DSC00519_rs.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 17d0_1.JPG
    17d0_1.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 37
Holy smoke, the Sony PS-X9 that was on Ebay went for 5120 euro, or 7100 dollar...

The matching XL-55Pro cart went for 655 euro, or over 900 dollar.

Damn... gotta have deep pockets if you ever want to own this couple... :yes:
 
Got to stop schlepping these amps around. 61 pounder came out and 57 pounder goes in. Need to figure out a way to do all of this heavy lifting at waist high level. Getting too old for this.

Helium my friend, try helium ballons.
Or
Hydrogen, but don't smoke or have open fire if using this tip!

Just emagine; you're own mini B2 Zeppelin :rockon:

Sorry for interupting wit a not so serius post, nice gear folks.
 
Good News, bad News

Guys,

I like to see your collections growing, because mine slowly comes to an end. There is still some TOTL gear missing like a EL-7, a TC-880-2 or a PS-X9, but these pieces come only to you, if you don´t search actively for them, otherwise you have to pay lots of money for them (Isn't it Axel ?). I´m pretty crazy in Sony stuff, but $7100 for turntable (whichever, even a PS-X9) is definitely too much, even if I would sell all my collection for it. $900 for a Sony MC pickup with a worn out stylus sounds for me even much more ridiculous.

Regarding my TA-E901, I was able to finish it (repaired lamps, exchanged the potentiometers, lots of cleaning, removed EMI countermeasures), but then I found, that one of the potted "Flat Amplifier Modules" has a defect, it produces a heavy DC-offset after a few minutes of playing (J-FET gate leakage). It almost killed one of my beloved speakers :tears: ... Grrrr .... I could kill the seller .... :bash:

After a few minutes of running amok, I came slowly down and decided to replicate the modules. :smoke:

This is official:

In a few weeks from now, I will be able to provide replacement modules for the obsolete Flat Amp and EQ Amp modules of the TA-E901 and TA-E900. I figured out the original component values and transistor types and will make a set of high quality PCBs, which can be dropped in as a proper 1:1 replacement. Not completely 1:1, in simulation I improved the distortion level of the modules by a factor of ten, by doing some minor tweaks.

Hope, that this message drives up the TA-E900 value back again into stellar PS-X9 regions some day ... :D
 

Attachments

  • TA-E901a.jpg
    TA-E901a.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 79
  • TA-E901b.jpg
    TA-E901b.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 66
  • TA-E901modules.jpg
    TA-E901modules.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 64
  • TA-E901nudie.jpg
    TA-E901nudie.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 72
Mirko,

You are still here, thought you had died or something, never seem to get through to you by email or pm... :scratch2:

Impressive stuff once more dude! That TA-E901 looks beautiful, cosmetically then. And soon inside it will be as good as new too !

Now to find me a TA-E900, sound in the knowledge you can actually deliver replacements for those dreaded potted modules! Great work man ! :thmbsp:

Been trying to find a PS-X800 lately, to no avail, or way too expensive, or just missed the ebay auctions etc. Anyone ?
 
Mirko,

You are still here, thought you had died or something, never seem to get through to you by email or pm... :scratch2:

Impressive stuff once more dude! That TA-E901 looks beautiful, cosmetically then. And soon inside it will be as good as new too !

Now to find me a TA-E900, sound in the knowledge you can actually deliver replacements for those dreaded potted modules! Great work man ! :thmbsp:

Been trying to find a PS-X800 lately, to no avail, or way too expensive, or just missed the ebay auctions etc. Anyone ?

Hi Mirko

Thought you had died also! no reply to emails or pm's. Have you received PayPal payment for the N7 kit?
 
That is a great looking preamp! First pic's I've seen with the various lights lit up. Definitely like that black/silver look.
 
I´m alive !

I´m so sorry guys ! :sigh:

Since many years without any bigger vacation (except Christmas every year), I had my first vacation last week (with no Internet connection) and a very busy and exhausting preparation phase before, so my private communication/affairs came again (like so often) to an absolute zero.

Since yesterday I´m back again !

Fitzy: PM sent
Stoffie: PM sent

For all you V-FET/SONY fans, please stay patient with me, I have to announce a very interesting thing about V-FETs in the next weeks to come, which is even more promising, than the future availability of replacements for some of these ESPRIT-modules or the results I have gathered about TA-5650 failures (which I´ll post later this week).
 
Hello everybody,

Glad to see that you are back Mirko!

Look at what I found in front of my door last friday !
AMP0.jpgAPM1.jpg
Those AMP66ES are in perfect cosmetic and technical condition.
They sound great with anything.
APM2.jpgAPM3.jpg
You can see them in my office.
APM4.jpg
I also added a silver ST S770ES tuner to my stack.
Now I looking for the WS-660 speaker stand.
 
Man I would surely like to find things like that at my doorstep as well :D

Mighty nice patrick ! Do you have them playing through the N7 ? Very nice Sony collection, once more...

Maybe I will come and bring you the capacitors by hand and have a listen at the same time (long ride on my bike though, hehe)...
 
Hi Kristof,

Of course, you are welcome !

Take your favorites CD and some bottles of Gueuze Lambic or Mort-Subite ...:thmbsp:
 
Sounds like a plan Patrick ! Now only to have time for that...

Got my TA-F55 today, incredibly filthy, covered in this nasty nicotine/tar crap.

It works fine, sounds great, but none of the lamps/LEDs work (and it has lots of them) so probably something that feeds the lamps is shot, maybe a fuse ? Will have to look into that...

And to top things off, I should be the proud owner of a PS-X800 biotracer soon, if all goes well... :banana:
 

Attachments

  • DSC00525_rs.JPG
    DSC00525_rs.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi Kristof,

Nice TA-F55.
I repaired one TA-F55 for one of my friends few month ago.
I also had the problem with the lamps ! Lot of lamps are connected in serie, so if one of them is blown, the others can not light.
The best way is to remplace all of them.
I also remember that I changed 2 caps in the switching power supply.
I dont remember the specifications of the lamps and what caps but I will send you more informations this evening. I also have the service manual in pdf if you need it (in german - wega version ! 4 Mo)
 
Don't know why but just pulled the trigger on what looks like a mint set of a TA1055 and ST5055. Have no idea about them in the lineup or specs but for $9.99 plus shipping with no other bidders and no international shipping I figured at worst they'd become my cumputer pair with a pair of Minimus 7s.
 
In a few weeks from now, I will be able to provide replacement modules for the obsolete Flat Amp and EQ Amp modules of the TA-E901 and TA-E900. I figured out the original component values and transistor types and will make a set of high quality PCBs, which can be dropped in as a proper 1:1 replacement. Not completely 1:1, in simulation I improved the distortion level of the modules by a factor of ten, by doing some minor tweaks.

Hello Mirko,

I am very interested by these evolutions which you proposes of these modules for my TA-E 901 and 900.:thmbsp:

Hold me with the current like Axel.

Regards

Xart
 
Back
Top Bottom