• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Since they aren't talked about much....Grado

Carl, started out with Grado SR80i, now have GS1000. Listening to Sinatra through GS1000 into NAD 3140 integrated amp with Schiit Loki EQ. Sounds heavenly!

View attachment 3248049

So going from the SR-80 to the GS-1000, what was it like? Did you try other brands? I had the 60 now I have the 325. The GS-1000 looms in the background as something I want some day.. but I've never heard them.
 
So going from the SR-80 to the GS-1000, what was it like? Did you try other brands? I had the 60 now I have the 325. The GS-1000 looms in the background as something I want some day.. but I've never heard them.
The GS-1000 has deeper, more precise, bass. More clarity in the vocals. Bought them used from "The Music Room". Has original Grado box, headphones in excellent condition. Could never afford them new! Cost $999 new! Think I paid $339.
 
The GS-1000 has deeper, more precise, bass. More clarity in the vocals. Bought them used from "The Music Room". Has original Grado box, headphones in excellent condition. Could never afford them new! Cost $999 new! Think I paid $339.
How about comfort during long sessions?
 
How about comfort during long sessions?
The GS-1000 more comfortable because of big ear cushions. They will fit the lower models too. Some like the GS-1000 with the smaller doughnut pads. Never tried them with the pads from my SR-80i. Like the big pads much better!
 
I have owned so many headphones over the last 50 years, it's a bit of an obsession. Grados are cool. They remind me of the bomber pilots from the early 40's. Nazi bastards.


s-l1600.jpg

I've had these 325's for many years. Recently installed Dekoni Grado pads made in China. They look ridiculous. The sound is probably an acquired taste, but Neil Young (Grado fanboy #1) is gonna love them. I don't care what the specs or freq. charts show--these cans with Dekoni velour pads have huge bass, a big dip in the 500--1000 Hz range, and then a nice healthy burst between 2 and 4 kHz. Perfect for those of us who have destroyed the upper range of our hearing. Talkin' to you, Neil Young. You're just gonna have to try these pads on your Grados. Once the initial shock wears off, you'll be comin' back for more. By the way--Chord Electronics M O J O 2. Best DAC amp ever. Forget about the features it lacks (balanced inputs? How long is your cable run? If it's a football field or Abbey Road Studios, you're gonna need balanced, The rest of you, chill).




Cans-1.jpg

Cans-2.jpg

Cans-3.jpg

Edit--just to clarify, the bass is taut, deep, and punchy like a REL subwoofer. Quick and nimble. No bloat like those horrendous BEATS or budget cans. It does not overpower the rest of the frequency range. The 2 kHz will stick out for a few minutes until your ears start to zero in on the mids, upper and lower, which are very sweet. Addictive. Just don't mix anything important on them.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom