• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soldering advice

greenman

New Member
I have a Sansui 2000a that was working ok, but now the fuse holder broke. Any advice on soldering parts like this? Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Got some pictures? Need to know what the connections look like for some advanced tips. But the general rules apply, make sure the parts are clean (use alcohol), apply a clean, tinned iron to the joint, then the solder. I like to desolder parts with wick, some folks like the desoldering vacuum more. Good non-acidic liquid flux is your friend too.
 
I have a Sansui 2000a that was working ok, but now the fuse holder broke. Any advice on soldering parts like this? Thanks

Ought to be pretty straight forward. Is it pc board mounted? Or chassis mounted. (picts would help :) )

I'd practice some on equipment you don't care about.
 
I assume you are trying to replace the part, and not just solder back on a broken piece? Some pictures or description would go a long way in us being able to help you better.
 
I don't think that could be reliably repaired. It would be best to replace the whole socket.
 
The threaded metal insert came out of the plastic housing? Use a dab of epoxy, then solder the electrical connection back in place if one is broken. Replacing the socket would probably be easier.
 
It's a fuse holder. You can buy those anywhere. It might look a bit different, but it will be functionally identical.
 
Just replace the whole fuse holder - like Sam said, you can buy them anywhere. If ya can't find a place, try Newark Electronics online.
 
Rosin is good--acid is bad! Acid is for copper pipe plumbing not electronics.
 
Back
Top Bottom