• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sony Turntable Photos

Register to hide this ad
I don't recall that the X2/X3s made it into the US markets. I remember the PS-4300 being the first of the DD 'tables from Sony to show up in the US markets. They didn't last long after selling fast, too. They were replaced with the PS-x/5/6/7 series, which stayed in the product line for a while and also sold well.

I know that many models made by all the big Japanese firms didn't get picked up by Sony's US distribution company. These guys tended to pick and choose among the production to produce a competitive line of products against their main competition with the ultimate goal of selling as many of the least number of products as possible (gee, doesn't that sound like Walmart?).

Cheers,

David
 
The Pics of the PS X6 doesn't do it justice. I've a trio of PS-X5s- one model down, and they are really sharp looking.

And yes that X3 looks beautiful. Doesn't remind me at all of the X4, and what I thought was an X3.

I wonder if it was a Japanese specific model, or if it is miss-labeled?
 
The Pics of the PS X6 doesn't do it justice. I've a trio of PS-X5s- one model down, and they are really sharp looking.

And yes that X3 looks beautiful. Doesn't remind me at all of the X4, and what I thought was an X3.

I wonder if it was a Japanese specific model, or if it is miss-labeled?

Glad to hear that. I have one coming on Tuesday. I am really excited.

rick
 
Another example of how the Japs kept some of the fancier stuff they made for themselves. Not that it was a bad thing. I still love my X7, it is an outstanding table among many, many great Jap DDs.

In the '70s, I wasn't even thinking about say Sony or Sansui tables. Now I have one of each. I like 'em so much I actually sold the Tannoy/ Micro TM55DD you see as my avatar....
 
Another example of how the Japs kept some of the fancier stuff they made for themselves. Not that it was a bad thing. I still love my X7, it is an outstanding table among many, many great Jap DDs.
I'd love to own an X7 with its carbon fiber tonearm. It seems it was export only...

From The Vintage Knob:

"The PS-X7 was export only. In Japan, the top end of this mid-end lineup was the PS-X6: same 'table, same BSL motor, same SBMC heavy cabinet, same functions, same feather-touch switches... But the PS-X7 had a carbon-fiber tonearm!"

http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyvault/PSX7/PSX7.html
 
Back
Top Bottom