• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker ID and value. Update: ADS L1530

Glad you're enjoying them. Yes, the bass is particularly impressive from the 1530s! I briefly powered my old pair with a restored ST70 and was quite happy with the results. I also powered them with a Yamaha A-S801 and Bettinger restored and modded GAS Ampzilla with tube pre. Both were great, but the Ampzilla was a particularly wonderful pairing. You have a great pair of speakers there, enjoy them!
 
Got the PL-570 set up this morning. The seller said that the auto functions weren't working, which let me talk her down a good bit on price. When i fired it up, the auto start worked fine, it was just a little lazy and noisy. And I thought my 1229 was complicated... I cleaned and relubed the mechanism, and now it's smooth and only makes a little noise. I call that a win! It came with a shure m95ed on it, but the stylus was trashed. I put a m91 on it, and it sings!

IMG_6964.JPG

I've never loved DD tables, but this thing is a tank. Not sure if it'll displace my other tables, but it sure sounds good.
 
TOTL Pioneer PL-570 worth $1,000-1,500 in today's eBay market. Heck, even PL-530 is about $1,000. If in great condition, of course.

I have ADS L1590; they are incredible and gorgeous speakers. Possibly need more power that ST-70, try Yamaha.
 
Depending on condition I would think $600-$1,000 anything less than $500 would a really good deal imo. There really isn't much to restore unless there's damage. No surrounds, no ferrofluid and a very basic crossover if you want to recap them. Their sensitivity is 95db and your ST70 should drive them just fine. Good luck these are great speakers; mine are my daily listeners and lifetime keepers
How would u know if they needed restoration
 
Depending on condition I would think $600-$1,000 anything less than $500 would a really good deal imo. There really isn't much to restore unless there's damage. No surrounds, no ferrofluid and a very basic crossover if you want to recap them. Their sensitivity is 95db and your ST70 should drive them just fine. Good luck these are great speakers; mine are my daily listeners and lifetime keepers
Im drivin them with a nad 705 maybe underpowered
 
Sorry my comment from 6 years ago about them being lifetime keepers no longer applies. My 1530's left for a new home this spring.
They do like power-current and mine sounded their best paired with a 250wpc Mcintosh amp.
You got me curious, what did you replace the 1530’s with?
 
Computer monitors? Well, I guess you could say the same about me as I use Cornwalls as computer monitors, but they are hooked up to an amplifier as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom