• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Spray paint is a lot better than it used to be!

Register to hide this ad
Back in my younger days, the typical Backyard Mechanic`s response was usually something like "I`d take one can of Rust-Oleum over ten cans of Krylon !"....
 
I do a lot of spray painting and for me i avoid Krylon. I use almost exclusively Ace Hardware. I use it for restoring bakelite radios and their primer for modeling. For me at least it's easier to use and dries so much faster.

Glad you had good results. Wasn't too see the pictures as the model comes along
 
Back when I was a young-un and built model cars I read about and used a trick of using toothpaste as polishing compound to smooth out my paint jobs. Do they still sell those little short cans of spray paint?
 
The nozzles are what have improved.

...and Krylon has one of the best.

Patented and even licensed to other brands.
 
I do a lot of spray painting and for me i avoid Krylon. I use almost exclusively Ace Hardware. I use it for restoring bakelite radios and their primer for modeling. For me at least it's easier to use and dries so much faster.

Glad you had good results. Wasn't too see the pictures as the model comes along
Krylon makes the ACE brand spray paint.
 
Krylon makes the ACE brand spray paint.

I've used them both. They aren't the same not even close and Valspar makes Ace spray paint. They bought all of Aces paint facilities and now supplies Aces spray paint.
 
I've used them both. They aren't the same not even close and Valspar makes Ace spray paint. They bought all of Aces paint facilities and now supplies Aces spray paint.

Last year Ace dropped Valspar/Sherwin Williams for Ben Moore. Not sure on the spray paint.
 
@sanford12

When I worked there until about 3 years ago Krylon made the ACE sprays.

They are not the same product, not even close. I am sorry you thought I was saying that they were the same.

I knew that Valspar made the ACE non-spray paints after buying the ACE paint division, but ACE never made their own sprays in the 12 years I worked there.

It is quite possible that Valspar makes the sprays for ACE now and I would not know if it changed in the last 3 years.

By the way, Krylon is a Sherwin-Williams brand. And since Sherwin-Williams now owns Valspar since 2017 I think that we are both technically correct.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom