• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Star trek TAS

valve_amp

Member
Anyone here really into Star trek the animated series?
i think they are so cool..And i even watch them on a old tube type tv.
later.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't have any to look at, but I did think that it was pretty cool. I have bid in auctions on the series on Laserdisk but have not yet been the winner. I haven't thought about this in a while and may look again.
 
the series is readily availble on dvd.that is what i have and a decent price.
and the colors and scenes are cool.i think its also back in the star trek canon.
i have the books that go along with the shows also..
cool stuff..
 
Watched it when I was a kid and enjoyed it. In the near future I will procure the series on some kind of home media. Recently, I found a Star Trek paperback that uses animated Kirk and Spock for the cover.
 
i actually have the books that match all the tas shows..the ones by alan dean foster.
some of the later books have extended story lines. b.e.m.. for instance.
 
I remember watching this series back in the late 70's and remembering being surprised at how enjoyable they were. I thought the story lines were quite good and being animated the series was not physically constrained which I think helped the story lines.

Back then, Star Trek wasn't yet being rerun simultaneously on multiple channels as it is now and the animated series seemed to fill a void for me at the time.

I'll have to see if I can find it now, maybe on the Cartoon Network.
 
i actually have the books that match all the tas shows..the ones by alan dean foster.
some of the later books have extended story lines. b.e.m.. for instance.

those books were excellent (think they were called the 'Star Trek Log' series). they did add to the stories, as opposed to the story versions of the original epis, which left stuff out.
 
It's not being broadcast anywhere, to the best of my knowledge. The DVD set is readily available, though.

The stories are quite sophisticated for an animated series - especially for the era - as they were almost all written by staff writers from the live-action series. It's not at all unfair, IMHO, to think of it as the fourth season of the original series.
 
Too bad they couldn't/didn't use a Chuck Jones to do the animation, instead of the "$1.98" shyte they did...
 
Did anyone notice...?

Animated Series: "The Magicks Of Megas-Tu" - the Enterprise goes to the center of the galaxy and finds 'devil-like creatures' .

Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier": the Enterprise goes to the center of the galaxy in a search for God.

Parallel universes??
 
Last edited:
Did anyone notice...?

Animated Series: "The Magicks Of Megas-Tu" - the Enterprise goes to the center of the galaxy and finds 'devil-like creatures' .

Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier": the Enterprise goes to the center of the galaxy in a search for God.

Parallel universes??

Do not recall that episode, but it would not surprise me. Star Trek I is more or less a remake of "The Changeling" with Vger sitting in for Nomad.:thumbsdn:

Of course, with Star Trek II, they once again mined older material but scored big time by bringing back Khan. Great movie. Montalban deserved an Oscar.:thmbsp:
 
Just picked up all 22 episodes of TAS on dvd for $20. Enjoying it so far, but I'm a real nerd for anything related to the original series....I even climbed the rocks where the episode 'Arena' was filmed. (the one where Kirk fights the lizard-like Gorn in hand-to-hand combat)
 
Last edited:
I have only been able to see one animated series episode. I now will look for the series on DVD.
 
Just picked up all 22 episodes of TAS on dvd for $20. Enjoying it so far, but I'm a real nerd for anything related to the original series....I even climbed the rocks where the episode 'Arena' was filmed. (the one where Kirk fights the lizard-like Gorn in hand-to-hand combat)

cool man. nothing nerdy about doing the things you want...im a nerd in some areas, and i love when people pursue things like that
 
I even climbed the rocks where the episode 'Arena' was filmed. (the one where Kirk fights the lizard-like Gorn in hand-to-hand combat)

Those tilted up rock formations are instantly recognizable. I'm going to guess that it was filmed in the Alababma Hills at the base of Mt. Whitney. Is that correct?

A friend has TAS, I'm hopefully going to borrow the set from him sometime this summer. That will be a treat for sure.
 
Arena is one of my favorite episodes. Thanks for that bit of trivia. Next time I am in LA, its on the must see list.
 
Off topic, but if you go the Ronald Reagan Library is nearby and is an amazing place to visit. Regardless of one's views the historical factor is fascinating. The real Boeing jet used as Air Force One for several presidents is there intact and open for touring, as well as the burial site of Reagan. The plot is shockingly small and unassuming but overlooks a beautiful, untouched landscape.
 
Back
Top Bottom