• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Star trek TAS

Arena is one of my favorite episodes. Thanks for that bit of trivia. Next time I am in LA, its on the must see list.

Yes, thanks for that. I just assumed it was the Alabama Hills since so much has been filmed there whenever you needed a rocky landscape. I didn't even know about the Vasquez Park.
 
Yes, thanks for that. I just assumed it was the Alabama Hills since so much has been filmed there whenever you needed a rocky landscape. I didn't even know about the Vasquez Park.

On their budget, Vasquez was about as far as they could afford to go. :D
 
Do not recall that episode, but it would not surprise me. Star Trek I is more or less a remake of "The Changeling" with Vger sitting in for Nomad.:thumbsdn:

Of course, with Star Trek II, they once again mined older material but scored big time by bringing back Khan. Great movie. Montalban deserved an Oscar.:thmbsp:

yes, mined older material . great movie.
:banana::banana:
 
Do not recall that episode, but it would not surprise me. Star Trek I is more or less a remake of "The Changeling" with Vger sitting in for Nomad.:thumbsdn:

Of course, with Star Trek II, they once again mined older material but scored big time by bringing back Khan. Great movie. Montalban deserved an Oscar.:thmbsp:

...corinthian leather...
 
I've only ever seen one episode of the Animated series, and i had to go to youtube to do that! There are other episodes on there though, just haven't sat down and watched them.

The only complete collection of Trek stuff i have is the original 10 movies. Want to add the complete TOS and TNG sets in time.

Live Long and Prosper.
 
The original series

was over my head,I was around 13 or 14. I was into The Monkees:thmbsp: @ that time in my life. My Star Trek story would be my Home Room teacher Mr. Nessi gave extra credit to his students if they would write NBC and ask them not to cancel the show. He provided the stationary and stamp. I enjoyed The next Generation with Picard and the Star Trek Movies were pretty good. The newest Star Trek was pretty good although I think they ripped off Tom Cruise's Top Gun character for Capt. Kirk's early academy transistion.
 
On mining old material

Are all leadership decisions ultimately sound? Consider how World War II arose to re-haunt Europe because of what were to prove unsound solutions to the cleanup of World War I. And then, moving over to TV/Movie fiction, reflect on how bad (to the bone) seed Kahn came back to re-haunt Captain Kirk because of an ultimately bad decision after their first meeting. Stuff like this happens in real life.

Re-mining has provided story material for some entertaining Trek novels such as Peter David's VENDETTA, a TNG novel with Borg involvement which reveals the existence of another original series Doomsday Machine. (How else were we going to deal with the Borg before Captain Janeway got herself lost in the Delta Quadrant?)

Sometimes, intentionally or otherwise, the solutions to some plot problems leave loose ends that invite a revisit. Like, how come Trelane never sneaked out after bedtime for another whack at James Kirk?
 
I remember the Star Trek the animated series. It came out in 1973 on NBC and lasted two seasons. I liked it because it had all the original voices from the TV show and the stories hold my interest. The animation looked cheesy because it was done by Filmation, the same animated studio that done the Archies cartoon show.
 
Last edited:
Re-mining has provided story material for some entertaining Trek novels such as Peter David's VENDETTA, a TNG novel with Borg involvement which reveals the existence of another original series Doomsday Machine. (How else were we going to deal with the Borg before Captain Janeway got herself lost in the Delta Quadrant?)

Oh my, that was the most pathetic end to the Borg... They watered down the Borg so they were easily killed off by the 24th century equivalent of the Jupiter 2. Substitute the Maki for Dr. Smith.

Sometimes, intentionally or otherwise, the solutions to some plot problems leave loose ends that invite a revisit. Like, how come Trelane never sneaked out after bedtime for another whack at James Kirk?

Does Trelane not remind you of "Q" and the Continuum? If so, there are other members who kept the trelane in check.


The more I watch of the TNG show, the less I like it.
 
Quote: "Does Trelane not remind you of "Q" and the Continuum? If so, there are other members who kept the trelane in check."

There was a TNG novel, Q-SQUARED, which brought to light that Q was Trelane's "uncle", or mentor. Can't seem to find the book, but we used to have a copy. And then there were Trelane's parents who reeled him in at the conclusion of THE SQUIRE OF GOTHOS.

I tend to treat revelations like the Q/Trelane relationship as valid parts of the Trek universe as important people at The Top keep a watchful eye on everything that goes into official Trek books and stories. Nothing gets published that they don't approve. Of course, fan fiction is another matter...

Quote: "The more I watch of the TNG show, the less I like it."

All the Trek series have some great plots and some sleep inducers. Creativity, whether it involves composing music or story writing is not easy. Not every idea can be massaged into a winner. I really have to wonder where TV series writers, professional musicians, and daily comic strip authors come up with as much material as they do.
 
Last edited:
Too bad they couldn't/didn't use a Chuck Jones to do the animation, instead of the "$1.98" shyte they did...

That's what happens when you have animation by Filmation, possibly one of the cheapest animation studio's in history. I bet you could have gotten better animation for behind the iron curtain. Though with that said the show was pretty good from what I've seen.
 
I just got these from Netflix. Pretty cheesy, but if your a Star Trek TOS fan the story kind of pulls you in anyway. Not too bad.
 
lol.
i actually enjoy the animation of this old kind,better than the computer
animated stuff the last few years..i think i feel the same way about computer assisted music.. like there are to many short cuts and laziness .

changing subjects for a second...the old jonny quest are cool also..
esp ..dr zin ,and the spy robot..
 
Back
Top Bottom