• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Steampunk Amp Thread

Thanks for asking that question. We are old enough to have missed that, but it seems to be a cool idea and interesting project.

With that copper ingot in there as a heat sink, I hope you use a thermostat or the amp may run too cold.
 
With that copper ingot in there as a heat sink, I hope you use a thermostat or the amp may run too cold.

Yeah, it is definitely overkill. I was looking at it last night and I think I am just going to use some thinner aluminum L-angle and save the copper for the LM4780 project down the road. After running it all day yesterday, it barely gets past body temp without a heatsink. The L-angle will really just be there to hold it in place as the PCB only has 2 holes to secure it. I will need to use the devices to anchor it in position as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom