• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The best coffee?

The store brand we buy and drink is "Chock Full of Nuts". We had a friend bring us some coffee beans from Costa Rica. Now that was some smoooth coffee! The water is filtered.


As for Consumer Reports, I find it a useless magazine. :thumbsdn:
 
I echo an earlier statement: Some of the best coffee in the world, Jamaican Blue Mountain, doesn't tase the same outside of it's natural habitat - Jamaica mon!

You Boston and Cape Cod area folks may do well to check out the "Java Time" at Ocean State Job Lot - 32 oz (or so) for around 4 bucks. Good, fairly robust roast, at a heckofa price.
 
I have been drinking 8 O'clock Whole Bean for the last 5 years or so and am very happy with it. Very consistent quality and a fair price. I occasionally (when I can afford it) buy a 5# bag of 100% Kona Whole Beans from Hawaii. To my taste, the Kona is wonderful stuff.
 
I got hooked when we lived in Seattle, every morning it was free when I would drop Suzie off at the park and ride. I love Kona and Jamacian Blue Mountain. But for every day I usually drink 8 o,clock. Whole bean only.
 
Based on this thread, I picked up some 8 O'Clock whole bean to try instead of my usual coffee.

The result...good stuff! I think I'm going to stick with it.
 
Eight O'Clock and Bokar were always good coffees. Starbucks needs some one to tell them that you roast the beans, not set them on fire. Here we drink Gevalia whole bean 100% Columbian.

Except for around Christmas they send us the Royal Vinter blend - yumm.
 
That Gevalia Royal Vinter is great stuff. My regular delivery has been half Breakfast Blend and half Kenya for a long time, but I might drop it in favor of the 8 O'Clock...great taste and far less expensive.
 
For chain store coffees, I think Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf has the best coffee... Starbucks usually has a burnt taste.

My favorite place is this little mom and pop coffee shop in Burbank, CA.. it's called Priscilla's! So good :)
 
Based on this thread, I picked up some 8 O'Clock whole bean to try instead of my usual coffee.

The result...good stuff! I think I'm going to stick with it.

Be sure to try the 8 O'Clock 100% Colombo beans in the brown bag if you had gotten the normal red bag.
 
Eight O'Clock and Bokar were always good coffees. Starbucks needs some one to tell them that you roast the beans, not set them on fire. Here we drink Gevalia whole bean 100% Columbian.

Except for around Christmas they send us the Royal Vinter blend - yumm.


A friend gave me some Gevalia beans one time. Don't remember the blend, but they were pretty good.
 
Back
Top Bottom