• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The best coffee?

As an old standby, I still love Chock Full o' Nuts. I'll also buy 8 o'clock, and when I feel the urge, I do buy Starbucks Sumatran whole bean and grind it. I'm not a fan of Starbucks breakfast and house blends, but some of the other roasts like Cafe Verona are also very good.
 
Dave mustaine - dark roast is my favorite From net worth Coffe brokers & all proceeds go to charity for kids & women .
I also like Seatles best & starbucks .

Eight o'clock was among my favorites but a few months back they started using cheaper beans , it's not as good & has more acid in it .


Dunkin doughnuts = dirty dishwater :thumbsdn:
 
Starbuck's Beans Are My Favorite

I will stand up for Starbucks beans (at least certain blends), although I think their coffee really took a dive when they got rid of their manual machines and replaced them with all automatics (SoCal).

I brew espresso for myself every morning with an expensive "prosumer" machine (pro quality, consumer target...bought it when Starbucks quality dropped) called a Isomac Tea (pronounced: tay-uh), and I grind my beans as I use them with a pro grinder (Mazzer Mini...the same one Starbucks used when they were good). Starbuck's espresso beans are awesome, and I have tried so very many others trying to find any that can rival my beloved Starbucks, but almost none can match.

As for drip, once again our family loves Starbucks special editions, especially the Thanksgiving and Christmas blends. I grind the beans (of course), and I must admit that this drip coffee is very good (that is saying a lot coming from an espresso lover).
 
Consumer Reports has 8 oclock coffee listed # 1 over starbucks and
other top brands. It is my favorite but I sometimes grab Maxwell
House or Folgers and can live with either. Imo coffee doesnt have
to be scorched or taste like nutmeg to be good.

I was just about to mention about Consumers Reports.

I have never had a Starbucks, and unless someone hands me one, I probably never will.

The best I ever had was one a friend made me at a Wawa. I don't know what was in it, but it was tasty. I can not drink it black. It has to have something to sweeten it up.

I was camping once, and a girl made me a cup. "Wow this tastes better than the coffee we had yesterday" she replied "It is the same coffee, I put a dash of cinnamon in it" :thmbsp:
 
I read through this topic pretty quickly, but i do not recall even a mention of Dunkin Donuts. That's my everyday choice...out AND at home. Folgers Gourmet Columbian is really pretty good as well. But the most important thing is to brew your coffee in one of these:

Chemex.jpg


Makes most coffee great and terrible coffee palatable.
Intelligensia in Chicago was mentioned and they do indeed have some damn fine coffee. Speaking of damn fine coffee, has anyone tried David Lynch's coffee?
 
Coffee

I agree with Don that Jamacian Blue Mountain is the best I've ever had.
It is the necture of the God's
 
But the most important thing is to brew your coffee in one of these:

Ooohhhh.... we could branch this off into a new thread. -What- makes coffee taste the best?

I vote for: Mugs made of 99.99999999999999999% Oxygen free copper, or maybe even pure silver. Also has to be brewed in a device mounted on a 6" thick solid maple plinth supported by miracle cones, spikes, etc......

But seriously. Some of the best coffee I've had is made by a company called Ellis. Only sells to restaurants AFIK.
 
Jamaican Blue Mountain is Really good.

It seems as though Dunkin Donuts has changed their coffee. Ever since they started selling it in grocery stores it just doesn't taste the same in their shops.
 
Last edited:
Another Gevalia household here. We get 8 oz. each of Columbian, Dark Roast, Signature Blend, and Stockholm Roast every couple months or so and then fill in with 8 O'Clock.

On a tangent - if you sweeten your coffee, with what? We use raw honey. Buy it at the local beekeeper in two gallon buckets.
 
Im fortunate to have a local coffee roasting company in my
Small town where you can go into the facility and watch
Green coffee beans from around the globe roasted brown
In an large 110 yr old Mexican roasting machine.
When she hands me my grounded LB of Sumatra
The bag is warm to the touch !

Link to a cool newspaper article here -
http://sunrisecoffee.net/SunriseNews.html
 
Last edited:
Im fortunate to have a local coffee roasting company in my
Small town where you can go into the facility and watch
Green coffee beans from around the globe roasted brown
In an large 110 yr old Mexican roasting machine.
When she hands me my grounded LB of Sumatra
The bag is warm to the touch !

Link to a cool newspaper article here -
http://sunrisecoffee.net/SunriseNews.html

And it's awesome when it's that fresh, isn't it? I work in a coffee plant. The other day we were allowed to take home one can of coffee. I grabbed a can of Kirkland 100% Colombian fine ground. It was still warm when I tossed it into the trunk. The next morning I had the best cup of coffee of my life.
Incredible!

Dave
 
Cant beat bringing home coffee from work Dave,Nice bennie

I just looked in my mail box and the samples I requested
from Starbucks arrived,There was supposed to be "3"
samples of their new ready brew "Instant coffee"
inside,But someone had opened the taped envelope
and Took one,So I got one colombian & one Italian roast~
I emptied the packet of italian in a large cup w/ hot water
and Shazzam,This is by far the best instant Ive tried!
It bet its spendy,But I will look for some when my next
backpacking trip arises....
(I have No affiliations with satrbucks or sunrise)
 

Attachments

  • starbucks-instant (Small).jpg
    starbucks-instant (Small).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom