• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good morning, y'all! We have 77 and partly cloudy here today. I just got back from breakfast with the vets, so kinda late to the party. This afternoon we're going to the lawyer's office to sign the latest iteration of our family trust. There's no other plans for today. I walked about 1-1/2 miles at the small park late yesterday afternoon with no ill effects. I'll just do the exercises a little later today. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good morning all! Not a great night at pinochle last night, first half was close, only an 8 point difference, which they won. Second half was a complete blowout, they won by a large margin.

This morning I'm going to head out and cut the grass. Not sure what is going on after lunch.

Take care and have a great day!
 
Good Morning,

Beautiful day here...sun is shining, about 78 degrees.

Yesterday I mowed the lawn, then dipped in the hot tub, then started draining and cleaning and drying it. T'was sunny when I mowed, then once the tub was apart the day changed to gloomy and humid, so all parts are in the basement for now.

Not sure about today's schedule. Probably clean, laundry, go to the dump and post office. I need to do more work in the garage, my annual
"move all the stuff on the right to the left" making room for my wood pellets in October, ordered 5 tons this year...have 4 bags left from last year.

Biking the East Bay path tomorrow.
Then it looks like cool and wet weather for the next week.

Eggplant for dinner.

Enjoy your day,
Cheers
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 85 and sunshine here today. I have just a couple of small chores this morning, then I'll take a short walk. Sweetie Pie has art class, so I'm on my own to wreak havoc and mayhem while she's away. This afternoon I'll restring the acoustic guitar and noodle around on that for awhile. I'm still shopping for an amp for the Stratocaster. I'm leaning towards a small tube amp as suggested a few weeks ago. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good morning everyone, 72°F/22°C and fair. Rain yesterday from a little after 5 PM until 9 PM, but didn't amount to much in rain gauge.

Portable AC units have been removed from upstairs window locations, condensation tanks drained (nothing!) and rolled into their storage positions.

Yesterday SWMBO was starting to give her porch plants "baths," in preparation for what is starting today, the great indoors greenery migration. May have to make myself scarce!

Keep safe everyone, gonna finish this "cozy mystery" and then maybe a trip to library ;)

@stratmel , did one here yesterday...try GHS "Vintage Bronze," not zingy like phosphor bronze and not bright like 80/20 bronze ;)
 
Good morning. Somehow yesterday got away from me. I guess being back from a trip takes some readjusting.

Last night we went to the opening of a new art exhibition and it was great. It’s genre is Native Futurism and my wife and I are financial sponsors so wanted to meet the artist. Wonderful work.

Today it was back to the gym. Now I’m heading off to do the grocery shopping. Then I spend some time working on our home network. It’s been a problem and while I was gone my wife (who is pretty good at IT stuff) diagnosed the problem down to the CAT5 cable that runs from our router to the access point at the other end of the house. So she bought a 100 foot cable and plugged it in and all the problems went away. It’s strung through the house, the kitchen, over doorways, and my job is to use the old one to pull the new one through the walls, etc.

After that I’ll debug (a different type) my motorcycle from the trip I was on.
 
Mornin’ friends,
Checking in from Cambria, Ca. Day 2 of taking 2 or 3 days to meander home down CA1 is about to commence with breakfast at the randomly selected resort. Dinner was fantastic. The parking lot was unbef*ckin’ believable. 5 Vincents and 2 Nortons. Wonder what we’ll find today at the Cold Spring Tavern in the San Marcos Pass?
IMG_5797.jpegIMG_5796.jpegIMG_5795.jpeg
 
Good Morning Folks. It 50f on the porch, sunny and the predicted high may reach the mid 60's. Today's only chore is to wet broom the porch and deck. This afternoon I'll will load trash on the side by side and take the trash to the dump. The ride home will be on trails for a little fun.
Take care.
Allan
 
Good morning! Clear and mid 70s f for the walk, going to 96, dry for the next several days.
Phone rang just as I was about to pour milk on my cornflakes, primary doc's office asking if I could come in right away instead of this afternoon. So, now I'm back eating breakfast and posting late here. Had to miss a webinar on "Colors of Chile" that I had built my schedule around.
Today: computer backup and grocery pickup.

Have a great day!

TMI:
Dr. verified that I have never had a diagnosis of endocarditis, so dentist's records are mistaken. Nevertheless, I should take antibiotics before any procedure due to past history of surgeries, reduced dose due to kidney condition. He gave me a scrip to carry explaining that to doctors and dentists and a prescription for the recommended antibiotic dose.
Yesterday, the CPAP mask advisor gave me yet another CPAP mask to try. Last night it worked amazingly well for me and I was able to tolerate it through the night. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When I see the doctor next week and find out if I still need the machine (I know, these appointments are out of order) I will either drop the therapy or more likely get a prescription for the new mask.
 
Good morning y'all! We have 88 and sunshine all day here. I'm going for an early walk in the small park, do a couple of Saturday chores and relax this afternoon with a new book I got for my birthday. Sweetie Pie has a brunch date with her girlfriend, so she'll be gone for awhile. Grandson's basketball games are now on Sunday, but they don't start for another few weeks. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good morning! Clear and mid 70s f for the walk, going to 96, dry for the next several days.
Phone rang just as I was about to pour milk on my cornflakes, primary doc's office asking if I could come in right away instead of this afternoon. So, now I'm back eating breakfast and posting late here. Had to miss a webinar on "Colors of Chile" that I had built my schedule around.
Today: computer backup and grocery pickup.

Have a great day!

TMI:
Dr. verified that I have never had a diagnosis of endocarditis, so dentist's records are mistaken. Nevertheless, I should take antibiotics before any procedure due to past history of surgeries, reduced dose due to kidney condition. He gave me a scrip to carry explaining that to doctors and dentists and a prescription for the recommended antibiotic dose.
Yesterday, the CPAP mask advisor gave me yet another CPAP mask to try. Last night it worked amazingly well for me and I was able to tolerate it through the night. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When I see the doctor next week and find out if I still need the machine (I know, these appointments are out of order) I will either drop the therapy or more likely get a prescription for the new mask.

Good news! I’ve been pre-medicating with (4) 500 amoxicillin precisely 1 hour before dental work since my 1st knee replacement 18 years ago. I got sent home from my cleaning a couple months ago when I forgot.
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 42f on the porch and today high may reach 70f. Today's only planned activity is a trip to a hardware store. I've got a list of items and I'm sure the small store down in town will not have half of what I need, So it is northeast to Eureka which has an Ace Hardware. The first leg of the drive north is 30 miles on unpaved roads in Monitor Valley. Then we connect with Highway 50 America's Loneliest Road which get me to my destination.
Have a great Saturday and take care.
Allan
 
Morning peoples,
and visiting
Aliens!

They promised
some "sunshine"...
but they lied!
It's a light overcast,
bordering
on becoming WET.

Got caught up with
the AK reports
coming in,
with most having
something positive
to share. :thumbsup:

In this world of
angst, that's
sayin' something.

Took a hiatus
for a week.
No airwaves,
and only my
mp3/cell phone
for entertainment.

Solitude is
a rare community
in today's world.


Today, a refreshing
of the snow blower
takes place.
Sorry for the mention
of the "white fluff".

On a positive note,
I really do, enjoy
getting caught up
with the sharing...
on this "GM" thread!

May the day go
as expected, with
no monkey wrenches
in the "mix". :bye:

Q
 
Last edited:
Good morning! Clear and upper 70s F for the walk - brought out a lot of fair-weather walkers. Today: some laundry - washing comforters that sit around for long periods collecting dust.
Yesterday: webinar I missed was about communicating color, not the topic I mentioned, which will be next week. Hope it was recorded because it looked more interesting than the one about the ambient colors of southern Chile.

Have a great day!

TMI:
CPAP water reservoir ran dry and I woke up to a hot smell. Fixed by rinsing it out and refilling, but I had to look it up this morning to verify if it's dangerous or not (apparently not, but still disconcerting). I wake aperiodically to a dry mouth caused by the med I take to control IBS at night. Have to remove the mask and take a sip of water even with the CPAP humidifier working. Hopefully will develop the muscle memory to do it "in my sleep." Still happy that they've found a mask that works for me.
 
Good morning. It’s 52°F and still raining and that looks like what will continue for the rest of the day.

I have a few tasks today. One is to look at my main computer, a box I made from parts about 20 years ago that runs XP. The boot drive has died. I think I backed up data when it started showing an issue a few weeks ago but I want to put it in another computer and run chkdsk on it to see if I can revive it a bit. It has 4 external drives on it that can be moved to another computer so I’m not afraid of losing much. In the meantime, I have, for the past couple years, been transitioning to the Mac world. I have a big iMac and been using it more and more. I’m an Apple person from 1978 but then used the other stuff since the early-80s. That said, I have Windows 10 laptop that I use for all my digitizing needs, film, LPs, etc. Most everything else I’ve transitioned to iPad and iPhone.
 
Good morning all! Forgot to post yesterday, we went up north to watch the little guy play soccer. Since they won the overall championship in their bracket last year, they were bumped up to a higher bracket this year. Well, as expected, the games are harder, the teams play rougher, and they are now 0-2 on the season. They will figure it out.

After lunch I'm headed over to my BIL's house for today's football game.

Take care and have a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom