• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Mornin’ Friends,
It’s 66f with a high of 81f today. Heading to the beach in a few minutes to check in with the 16.5’rs before more catching up around here.
John

Happy Birthday Grandpa!
133 or 134 years ago George Giovanola was born in a caboose at the end of the UP in Ranton, NM. His dad was an immigrant train engineer and pipe fitter settled in San Bernardino at the end of Route 66. Grandpa lived fully to 92 years. Día de Muertos Is a ways off, but if the internet is forever …
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 50f on the sunny porch and today's high will reach the low 70's. Yesterday an hour before leaving the house for the tire shop, received a call saying the tires had not arrived yet. That was perfect timing because once on the road, no cell service. The shop rescheduled for tomorrow. Household chores today: dusting and the floors.
Have a great Wednesday and take care.
Allan
 
Good morning! Clouds breaking and low-mid 70s F for the walk, going to 88 with 33% chance of rain in early afternoon.

Today: See the sleep doc to finally get the results of last month's at-home test.
This evening: small camera club competition night (via Zoom), which I and another member are managing, as the person who usually does it is recovering from some serious surgery.

Have a great day!
 
Good morning. It’s 54°F going to 84. Looks to be a pretty nice day. Thursdays are my day off from working out so no trip to the gym this morning. I’ll do some baking instead. The rest of the day is unplanned but I want to stop by the university and visit their art gallery.

Late yesterday I had the onset of severe fatigue and then my vision went wonky. Hmmm, an ocular migraine. Only the 2nd time I have experienced that. It was not followed by a headache so I am fortunate. Weird. It passed in a bout an hour.
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 91 and sunshine this morning, clouding up around noon. I'm going to breakfast with the vets, no other plans yet. I tried to strip one of the chairs yesterday, it didn't work very well even though I followed the instructions to the letter. I should watch at least a couple of Youtube videos on how to do it properly, I guess. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 50f on the porch, sunny with a high of 70f. Never made it to the floors yesterday, got side tracked in the laundry/storage room. All the shelving was recovered with a rubber material, looks a whole lot better. The floors will get done today. Saturday were off to SD for a month or more. While we are gone friends will keep an eye on the house. The batteries need weekly attention.
Since listing the house for sale we've had 3 Lookie Lou's and not even a bit. Their are three properties in town for sale and nothing. Down market's suck.
Have a great Thursday and take care.
Allan
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Checking in from Newport Beach where it’s 70* with a high of 79*. Tricia is getting a medial branch nerve block of her own this morning. I have Romeo lunch with the guys and hopefully coffee with my friend tonight whilst she consumes TNF or whatever game she fancies. I sprung for the Sunday Ticket intro deal for her this year.

TMI: My medical group denied my authorization for a 2nd neurosurgical opinion out of my medical group for lack of medical necessity and the requested neurosurgeon is out of network. Instead they authorized an appointment with the head of the spine institute’s PA where I started with 2 years ago. He is my neurosurgeon’s boss. WTF? I could have coded the request better than the MA that did it me thinks. I spent a good portion of the day getting nowhere on the phone and most of the afternoon writing a “fast” appeal to SCAN. Monday will tell. Slaying paper dragons is a hobby I have been practicing for 20 years now. Yeah I’m no expert, but this don’t look like no medical necessity to me :(

IMG_0088.jpeg
 
Good morning! Broken cluds, mid 70s F for the walk, going to 85, again small chances of rain early afternoon and evening. Rain has been staying to the south this week.

Last night's small camera club competition was completed with a reduced attendance because people had trouble signing into the Zoom set up by the wife of a member to sub for our usual. The usual Zoom is set up by the member who's been in the hospital. Some of us were able to just click on the link, others had to work on it a while, and many couldn't get in at all. We didn't get a recording, so the people who couldn't get on won't get the critiques, only the score sheet.

Today: order groceries for curbside tomorrow. Big camera club annual business meeting followed by some 15-minute presentations.

Have a great day!

TMI: review of last month's home apnea test was a bust as the device malfunctioned and showed low oxygen all night long. Will be redoing it next week. On a positive note, a week of data from the CPAP machine with the new mask shows low incidence of events, so there's still a possibility I could stop using it if the overnight test is good.
 
Good morning dear friends!

58° F and windy, high 62. Possible rain later.*

It's been a busy week, hence my absence. Between various activities and trying to prepare for the*nor'easter headed this way.

Yesterday, I went to an event with the recovery group that I have been helping. It was in Boston. Long drive. Had a great time!

Today will probably be mostly prepping for the storm.

Now to look over the previous few pages of this thread and see what everyone else is up to.


If I am not around over the weekend, it's probably due to weather. Don't worry, I'll be okay.

God bless you all!
 
Last edited:
Good morning! Broken cluds, mid 70s F for the walk, going to 85, again small chances of rain early afternoon and evening. Rain has been staying to the south this week.

Last night's small camera club competition was completed with a reduced attendance because people had trouble signing into the Zoom set up by the wife of a member to sub for our usual. The usual Zoom is set up by the member who's been in the hospital. Some of us were able to just click on the link, others had to work on it a while, and many couldn't get in at all. We didn't get a recording, so the people who couldn't get on won't get the critiques, only the score sheet.

Today: order groceries for curbside tomorrow. Big camera club annual business meeting followed by some 15-minute presentations.

Have a great day!

TMI: review of last month's home apnea test was a bust as the device malfunctioned and showed low oxygen all night long. Will be redoing it next week. On a positive note, a week of data from the CPAP machine with the new mask shows low incidence of events, so there's still a possibility I could stop using it if the overnight test is good.
After 32 years next month I’m conditioned to CPAP. I can nap just fine, but don’t feel like I’m getting enough air without it at night. Small price to pay for life saving tech. I was getting no REM and had 400 arousals in 6 hours. The narrative started with common knowledge to my family and friends - “World Class Snorer”. FWIW I’ve used nasal pillows exclusively because of my facial hair. Much less bothersome and claustrophobic than a mask. The Resmed P10 has been working well for me for many years.
 
Last edited:
Mornin’ Friends,
Up at 4:30. It’s dark with a forecast of widely scattered light in the morning - G.Carlin.
Nothing scheduled save for a video follow up on my last procedure with pain management. Going to the beach for a while. Need to saturate and fill my tanks with the Pacific to pacify my restlessness. Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part :)
Have a great day, John
 
Good Morning,

These days have been starting out cool, in the 40's, but were climbing up during the afternoon. Today it stays cool and gloomy, followed by rain stating tonite and going all weekend.

I had the oil tank filled on Wednesday....ouch.
I changed the oil in 2 cars, and made sure the tires were pumped up so the low tire light doesn't turn on.

Today I'll sweep the chimney and clean the pellet stove. Might need it this weekend to get the damp out of the house.

I'll take a trip to the dump and post office this afternoon.

Pizza for dinner, dough is thawing.

Have a great day,
Cheers
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 86 and sunshine here today. I'll go for a short walk after breakfast. Only project I have going on today is the chair stripping/sanding job. Sweetie Pie has her 4-hr. art class today, so I'll find some mischief to get into while she's out. I finished my sci-fi book, Dungeon Crawler Carl. Loved it, I'll go find some others in the series. I think there's 8 of them. Have an awesome Friday, everyone!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 48f on the porch, sunny and the high may reach the low 70's. I've got a noon appointment to have new put on the pickup. I have lots of chores to do related to tomorrows trip back to SD. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the mountains and away from the Rabbit Weed. I been medicated 24-7 since our return to NV. The weed has even affected Alice who has never in issue in the past.
Have a great Friday and take care.
Allan
 
Good morning! Clear and mid 70s F for the walk, going to 91, expected to stay clear all day.
Last night's camera club zoom had a couple of short presentations: New AI features of Photoshop; How to select a photo tour that provides what you want, how to pack, etc.

Today: computer backups; housework (bathrooms -ugh), grocery pickup.

Have a great day!

TMI: CPAP continues to indicate no incidents. :thumbsup: However, it is complaining about mask fit. Have to do the mask check procedure. I'm not noticing leaks, but could happen while I'm asleep, or maybe this mask has greater flow than the machine likes?
 
Good Afternoon my friendz, the Atlantic Nor 'easter is approaching, pretty stiff winds are blowing in the tree tops intermittently, cloud cover moving in, temp right now is 63°F/17°C. Got most do-dads picked up around the yard, have to clean the wipers on the cars, and gas the Santa Fe.

Yesterday the trees were leafed out green, today looks that they are changing colors in bits.

Hope everyone keeps safe during this wild ride!
 
Back
Top Bottom