• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good morning! Slept late, so here I am now. Sunny and upper 70s F for the walk, with scattered high clouds, going to 94, expecting a couple more dry days then rain moving in on Wednesday. Nothing on the sprocket today except receiving entries for Wednesday's camera club competition. Starting to think about October's subject of the month "water." Steamed tilapia and rice for supper.

Have a great day!

TMI: still doing well with the new CPAP mask, greatest problem now is dry mouth from IBS med.
 
Mornin’ friends,
We have cloudy skies with a high of 78* and lots of football today and tomorrow. Nothing else on my dance card today. Hope I have enough tomato juice for Bloody Marys. I’m going to put some oatmeal on the stove next. I use a double boiler just like grandma did. Have a great day,
John

Pi or what else? I can’t get 3.14 out of the sphere and sections. No looking it up now.
IMG_5748.jpeg
 
Good morning dear friends!

62° F and raining/cloudy all day.

Yesterday I just stayed home and rested. Still got sinus pressure. I did venture out late in the day and hung out with friends for a while.

Today, I might be helping my friend clean the treadmill for her blind puppy. She bought it used a couple of weeks ago and another friend and I helped her get it home, but she had to leave it outside.... Yeah! After cleaning it, we'll move it to a better place. All depends on weather.

God bless you all!
 
Good morning. It’s low-50s and gray, going to 70 or so. We had rain most of the weekend, I think I heard 3 inches.

Yesterday’s transition to the Mac from Windows for my weekly web site updates went well and I will adjust to the new workflow. I plugged my external drives into the Mac for the first time and they readily appeared so all is well. One of the main things that my ancient XP box ran on it for me was the Apache/MySql setup that lets me have a web servers on my local network. I had a backup built on an old Asus small laptop and it fired right up so I am mostly whole.

I’ve already been to the gym so I have that out of the way and the main item left for today is my first visit to an audiologist. I’m in my mid-70s and have never had an evaluation. That said, I have pretty bad tinnitus and have had since an artillery simulator went off right next to me during a training exercise in Fort Gordon, GA in 1973. It left me temporarily deaf and when the hearing returned it came with the buzzing. Then over a 100 hours of guard duty spread over 14 months in Germany standing right next to a large air compressor added to the acoustic trauma. Hearing protection? Nope, it was never mentioned or used. The tinnitus has become progressively worse and messes with my sleep, etc. I went to the VA about 15 years ago and was denied due to means testing. My MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) was recently brought in as one of the jobs that likely resulted in hearing loss. So, I have reapplied and am going through the process, a process that moves at a snail’s pace.
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 83 and sunshine here today. I'll go walking in the small park after breakfast. I'll get some stripper and finish stripping the chairs today. Then all I have to do is to pick out a color, stain 'em up and clearcoat them. I'll try to replicate the original stain as close as possible. I started a new sci-fi book called Dungeon Crawler Carl yesterday. I'm enjoying the hooey out of it. This is the first of a series of 8. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 55f on the porch and today high may reach 65. Scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Yesterday I woke up with very bad allergies and took a hand full of meds went back to bed. The only way to get my nose to stop running was the be laying down. I spent all day in bed watching movies. This morning the daily meds seem to be working. Today Alice and I are meeting friends in town for lunch. Once home it's down to the basement and start getting a load lined up for Saturday's trip back to SD.
Have a great day and take care.
Allan
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 83 and sunshine here today. I'll go walking in the small park after breakfast. I'll get some stripper and finish stripping the chairs today. Then all I have to do is to pick out a color, stain 'em up and clearcoat them. I'll try to replicate the original stain as close as possible. I started a new sci-fi book called Dungeon Crawler Carl yesterday. I'm enjoying the hooey out of it. This is the first of a series of 8. Have an awesome day, everyone!
Carl is now in my Kindle Unlimited reading list, Thanks. I have J.D. Proffitt’s Operation Euchre, a WWII Novel on deck. His previous 3 civil war historical novels and his memoir from his time pioneering cellular are very good. Full disclosure: Jim was my boss’s boss at Airtouch. The best Network Engineering VP and all-around great guy I worked for. This IS a shameful plug.
 
Mornin’ Friends,
The weather is about the same and the Chargers choked again therefore it must be Monday. I enjoyed my small, but excellent haul of records from Cambria last Friday. Got to catch up on my office work, put stuff away, and order spices from Penzey’s. Nathan’s hotdogs for MNF dinner. Have a great day,
John

TMI: Spine CT this afternoon. With CD in hand I can schedule my second opinion with my sister’s USC/Keck neurosurgeon. I preregistered so I have a chart and should have my appointment in 2-3 weeks. And SCAN is paying w/ preauthorization. Santa Cruz and the CA 1 drive were key to getting my head straight to step on the surgery treadmill for the next 11 months. Party on Garth!
 
Good morning. It’s 52F going to the upper 70s, promising to be a very nice day.


I am meeting my friend for our usual Tuesday 7 mile trail run in a bit. We’ve missed that two week due to own traveling.

Yesterday I had my hearing test and mexcept for a few very high frequencies, my hearing is great. I knew that. But the tinnitus is real and, of course, no cure. The doc will write it all up and send it to the VA who will make a determination by the end of the the year.

Not too much else on the agenda to. I’m considering changing the water in the hot tub, getting that done before winter.

Our local new and used record store started a “club” which is just a “loyalty” thing. I got a card and build points and that type of thing. But for the rest of the month get to rummage through their budget bins and everything in a dollar per LP. I’ve gone through them a bit and found a few gems for $3 each but I’ll gladly save $2 and enjoy the hunt.
 
Good morning, y'all! We have 83 and sunshine here today. We're headed out to Sam's Club after breakfast for gas, beer and other supplies. I finally got some gel stripper for the dining chairs which I'll apply this afternoon. I should fit in a walk today also. Have an awesome day, everyone!
I’ve had good results with citrus strippers and putting the item in a trash bag overnight. Works great on flash chrome on plastic. I have had the most luck with these citrus strippers; Clementine, Tangerine Dream, Juicy Peach, Mandarin Mojo, Lime Light, Blood Orange, and my personal favorite Lemon Twist. :)
 
Last edited:
Good Morning Folks. It is 46f on the wet porch. with a predicted high in the mid 60's. Yesterdays shattered shower was nice with no mud puddles. Today I'm heading over the mountain to "Big Smoky Valley" to have get new tires for my pickup. Cloudy days mean little or no charge to batteries. Every morning right of bed I check temperatures on the porch, then to the out building and check the power levels of the batteries. As expected today the batteries are fairly low. Typically I'll wait and see if the sun comes and the system get a full charge, if not I will run the BU generator.
Have a great Wednesday and take care.
Allan
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Typically grey mornin’ here with KSDS & coffee. Carlos our mow, blow and go gardener of 20 some years is just finishing up. Therefore it’s Tuesday and I have to reopen all the windows I closed 22 minutes ago when he started. Our day is appointment free except for Tricia’s dental cleaning at 3:00. It’s Taco Tuesday so dinner is figured out. Have a great day,
John
 
Good morning! Sky full of high thin clouds with sun shining through weakly. Upper 70s F, going to maybe 88 depending on clouds and rain. 50% probable rain in mid afternoon. Nothing planned today, may give the floors some attention, otherwise noodling on next month's photo subject "water" and also a Halloween graphic to display on the antique TV.

Have a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom