• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Todays METAL playlist

Released January 23, 2026

Megadeth - Megadeth
[IMG]
[IMG]

Dave Mustaine - guitars / vocals
Teemu Mäntysaari - guitars
James LoMenzo - bass
Dirk Verbeuren - drums

Megadeth
Wish you were here
 
One of the best Metal albums of all time. My sister and I saw them in ‘83 at Stage One in Murrysville, PA. I believe there is a bootleg of that show out there somewhere. Never understood why Neil Turbin got the ejection seat. He was no studio wonder. Hit those high notes at 1:50 of “Metal Thrashing Mad” effortlessly.

My sister was a huge Anthrax fan. People at her work asked her if she was a satanist. LOL.

Also, Metallica was seated at the table next to us and they jumped up and cheered when Giornesto, the opener from Altoona, played “Seek And Destroy.”View attachment 3846802
I should explain why Metallica was in the audience. They were on tour with Anthrax and Raven. The promoter, whom I knew, only had enough money for Anthrax and he was a fan. Metallica had the night off.

I don’t remember Raven playing. I only remember Giornesto opening, so named for the singer, Todd Giornesto.
 
A cold blooded stab in the back
I read long ago — I think it was Scott Ian who said Neil got the boot for writing “hacking, destroying” lyrics.

It’s a Metal band, right? What should he write about? Puppies, rainbows and long walks on the beach? Get real.

Anthrax lost me with the “I’m The Man” stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom