• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TU-9900 vs TU-919

riverrat

professional camper
TU-9900's seem to come up often on the 'bay. It is rare to see a TU-919.

Was the TU-9900 manufactured and sold in larger numbers?

I have enough tuners but either of these would be hard to resist at the right price.
 
Register to hide this ad
The TU-9900 is much more common because it had a very long production run. It was built from June, '75 to August August '78.

The TU 919 ran from April '79 to August '80.

They are both world class tuners. I would love to have either of them.

- Pete
 
Both tuners are are delight to own. The TU-9900 definately has a better quality feel to it and has a nicer green dial. It is funny fmtunerinfo.com never tested this one??? They rated the TU-919 as "The prince who could be king".
I own both and almost prefer the TU-9900. I love them both.
The TU-919 has the edge on DX and sounds fantastic.
 
Question on the subject: What are the RCA connectors on the back for FM Multipath H/V? Are they only used for alignment/debugging?

Also AM IF output RCA jack...

I own a TU-919 I had upgraded/aligned by RadioXTuners and I think it sounds pretty good. I would love to get my hands on a TU-9900. I do enjoy the green lights.
 
Question on the subject: What are the RCA connectors on the back for FM Multipath H/V? Are they only used for alignment/debugging?

Also AM IF output RCA jack...

I own a TU-919 I had upgraded/aligned by RadioXTuners and I think it sounds pretty good. I would love to get my hands on a TU-9900. I do enjoy the green lights.

FM Multipath H/V (HORZ/VERT) are for oscope connections, used for tuning and antenna alignment. Horz output is also the detector output that could be sent to an external MPX Adaptor.

The AM IF out would be used to an External AM Stereo adaptor.
 
Back
Top Bottom