• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Using a power bar now

bcbud3

Well-Known Member
Hey everyone. The power switch on my 9090 burned onto the on position. I just want to make sure i am ok to use a power in order to switch it off and on until i can get the unit repaired.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey everyone. The power switch on my 9090 burned onto the on position. I just want to make sure i am ok to use a power in order to switch it off and on until i can get the unit repaired.
If the faulty switch is firmly welded into the ON position, I see no problem in using an external switch. If the faulty switch is intermittent or gets warm when ON, I'd definitely replace it, Place a short across the switch's contacts to exclude it from the circuit while you wait for a replacement.
 
I used a heavy duty external extension cord with a power switch on my AU-11000 for several months without any issue. I just cleaned the switch a couple of weeks ago and restored its function. One of the contacts was lightly fused to one of the switch rockers on one side.
 
Back
Top Bottom