• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

We need to change the title of this thread,not limited to just owners of vintage Mopar's, but pictures of Vintage Mopar's,like the GM,and Ford threads read.
 
Calling Hardrock94!!

Cuda Alert :thmbsp: :music:

BuddyRichTheRoarof74-1.jpg


Back side of the lp

BuddyRichTheRoarof74.jpg
 
Last edited:
Vary nice CB,on both accounts, the 70 Cuda,and Buddy,Great drummer. I remember speedwin automotive,back in the day,eastcoast speed shop,I think NY..
 
Cool pic of the speedwin dart,didn't know they were still around. They must stay local to the NY area,with it.:thmbsp:

I seen the other on my classic car on tv. Thats a good one.
 
Very cool Hardrock!! Love it!! That black Cuda is to die for!!!!

I should hit Firebird International Raceway sometime and see some races again. It's been too long. My neighbor is into cars maybe I'll talk him into going. Thanks for posting the video! :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Tooooo Bad theres not a shootout at Beeline.. But ya need to go one weekend. Lot of them boys live out there,and test at Beeline.:thmbsp:

I was playin around the other day found this:

RM21J8B100211, matches my build sheet to a tee,almost,build sheet says #210,just goes to show the internet is not always right!!!!!!!!:yes:

This vehicle is a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
2-door Sedan,
426-8v Hemi V8 engine
and was the 211th car scheduled for production at the
Hamtramck, MI assembly plant.
 
Tooooo Bad theres not a shootout at Beeline.. But ya need to go one weekend. Lot of them boys live out there,and test at Beeline.:thmbsp:

I was playin around the other day found this:

RM21J8B100211, matches my build sheet to a tee,almost,build sheet says #210,just goes to show the internet is not always right!!!!!!!!:yes:

This vehicle is a 1968 Plymouth Road Runner
2-door Sedan,
426-8v Hemi V8 engine
and was the 211th car scheduled for production at the
Hamtramck, MI assembly plant.

How many Hemi's did they produce that year? I was looking at a restored Red '68 Hemi on ebay at lunch today. If wanted to work until 90 I could own it lol. :D
 
Bob,can't really say,or I don't really know... For Sure... Found this online,if you can believe it, production numbers sounds right,but the rest dosen;t.

Check the weight for a 383 car,than a Hemi car.. Oops.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner Production
Model Number Body/Style Number Body Type & Seating Factory Price Shipping Weight Total Production
DR2-M RM21 2 Dr Coupe - 6P $2,870 3,405 lbs 29,240
DR2-M RM23 2 Dr Hardtop Coupe - 6P $3,034 3,400 lbs 15,359
 
UNMOLESTED ORIGINAL SURVIVOR cars like mine,there few and far between,I know of only 17 of them.... That I have been at shows with.
 
My 68 RR is an LA built car, which means no buildsheet. :no:

jonw; there was a build sheet at onetime or another,if your not the original owner,someone before you might have found it. They did hide them in some strange places..

Finding a Mopar, Chrysler, Dodge or Plymouth Broadcast Sheet Carchaeology 101.

The most common places to find build sheets are:
In the seat springs of the rear seat back cushion
In the seat springs of the rear seat bottom cushion
In the seat springs of the front bucket seat backs, behind the plastic or metal seat back cover
In the seat springs of the front seat bottom cushion
Under the carpet, commonly on the driver's side in front of the front seat, but I've found them on the passenger side (common with Hamtramck cars) and under the rear compartment carpet (commonly on the driver's side with St. Louis cars and later M-body and F-body cars, though I've seen them on the passenger's side as well)
Taped to the top or the back of the glove box liner
Taped to the heater core under the dash

The most uncommon places to find them are:
Stuffed in the headliner above the driver's seat (found in a St. Louis car)
In between the gas tank and the rubber gas tank mat (Los Angeles car)

Keep looking it's most likely there...:thmbsp:
 
Quote: How many Hemi's did they produce that year?
CB.
My best guesstimate is around 810+, I can't tell you how many were 4speeds,and how many were auto.....

Found this video done by TNN,this car is the same as mine except it's a 4 speed and has that red stripe down the side.:thmbsp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJNYyoZ2OZU
 
Last edited:
Yeah CB, ole Norm was quite the innovator back in the day. I loved those GSS440 Darts. Liked the 440 cars better than his Hemi version. I remember there was a CP dealer in Minnesota that built Cudas like that also. Norm,and the CP dealer were the first with the tri-power 340's before the factory did it. Can't remember there name. Heres a link with some more history on the cars,and driver for Norm.

http://www.dyersblowers.com/gary_dyer_photos.html

Plus I like this one. http://www.cars-on-line.com/archive-28-68hemidart.html

Love the old tv ads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLMy9inJa6U
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom