• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Watch this free climb full screen....crazy

Watching that video was...just...wow.

I had no earthly idea my testicles could climb that far up inside my body.:no:
 
the helmet is used to protect you head when and if you do slip, and are tied off. You will slam into the side of the tower. Also useful for when someone is above you and drops tools. nothing like a cresent wrench landing on your head from 10ft above....
 
any guesses to howmuch something like that might pay?
i would be willing to attempt such a job, however it might wind up being the first job i back out of doing :/
 
I had a friend back in STL that worked on towers.. Said he tried for years to get the job because it had the best view of most any job you could get... I can understand that.... I know I'd enjoy the view too, but not the work it takes to get there.. .
 
He had checked the weather forecast.

Too bad you can't check the earthquake forecast. That would be a thrill!!
 
Hate to be a Johnny-One-Note, but what do they do if they encounter wasps and/or hornets up there ? You CAN'T just Run Away....Or do they just build up so high, & after that, you don't have to worry about them ?
 
I think I "might" have been able to do it, when I was a bit younger, but I'm pretty sure I'd be using the hook a lot more. Like every other step. :D
 
Hate to be a Johnny-One-Note, but what do they do if they encounter wasps and/or hornets up there ? You CAN'T just Run Away....Or do they just build up so high, & after that, you don't have to worry about them ?

excellent question...you **** yourself at first, lol. Many brands of open gear lube, used on the bull ring of tower cranes attract bees and wasps...a crimped blowpipe connected to an air compressor, a rosebud on a 5 foot long demo torch (ox/acetylene), aerosol insect spray, splashing gasoline on them, anything that works. if you get stung, its just like anything else bad that happens at heights..panic and your chances of going home go way down
 
I think I "might" have been able to do it, when I was a bit younger, but I'm pretty sure I'd be using the hook a lot more. Like every other step. :D

I'd be using two hooks...

Unhook one, move it up, take a step. Unhook the second hook, move it up, take a step...
 
I'd be using two hooks...

Unhook one, move it up, take a step. Unhook the second hook, move it up, take a step...

100 % tie off, which has been stringently enforced in heavy/commercial construction for years now, is impossible to execute without two hooks and lanyards, connected to the ring on the back of a full body harness. Back in the 70s and 80s (and before, of course) the only belts we wore were the ones holding our pant up. Makes me shudder to think back on all the free climbing I did erecting tower cranes and working as an ironworker
 
Walk in the park. Its not that bad of a job. Pay is good. You do need some electronics and electrical background. Mainly on the job training.
 
I watched that sitting on a chair in my family room planted on terra firma. From a rational standpoint I know this to be true. Even so, I got uncomfortably queasy just watching it. I'm not a heights guy either :no:

Whats so danged important that they would need to climb all the way to the top anyway? Isn't that what wires are for :D

RC
 
I've climbed a few telephone poles with spikes back in day when I was in the cable TV industry. But you couldn't get me to go up a tower like that unless you put a gun to my head to make me do it. :nono:
 
Back
Top Bottom