• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why are they building Preamps without Bass & Treble controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PAS-2 has them, made them just for looks when I "resto-modded" it and have never looked back.
 
Isn't your post and observation a generalization in itself? There are no specific examples being referenced from what I see.

Cheers
Mister Pig

Not a generalization but an opinion. It is also my opinion that some - that is not to say, all - have a greatly exaggerated sense of their hearing abilities, who often dismiss/ignore any chance of auditory fallibility.
 
I used to sometimes adjust my bass control. Adding a good sub and getting it setup properly (finally!) solved that problem. I now find the system sounds much, much better. I would argue that the subwoofer itself is a tone control of sorts.

If the OP really runs his bass control "wide open", I think a sub makes a lot of sense for him.
 
I can't imagine not having/using tone controls. Most of the music I listen to is relatively poorly recorded and would sound like trash without it.

I've never gone down that hole of listening to "audiophile" recordings just because they sound good if it's music that I'm not interested in. Maybe if I did I wouldn't use my tone controls, but whatevs.

I went to this fancy steakhouse a while back that refused to put any kind of seasoning on their fine dry-aged t-bone. The result, at least to me, was a $50 piece of meat that made for a thoroughly unsatisfying meal. I'm sure there are people who would be able to appreciate the dry-aged t-bone on its own merits....I guess my senses aren't refined enough, I would've killed for a little black pepper.
 
What a stinking pile of crap, but whatev's. :rolleyes:

Why is it a "stinking pile of crap"? I said specifically IF it's music I'm not interested in, and I also made an analogy pointing out that it may in fact be my own shortcoming.

But you purposely left that part off so you could find something to get pissed off about.

That's your mental issue, not my problem.
 
Why is it a "stinking pile of crap"? I said specifically IF it's music I'm not interested in, but you purposely left that part off so you could find something to get pissed off about.

That's your mental issue, not my problem.
I'm not pissed off, I'm rather amused to put it bluntly. :)
 
I can't imagine not having/using tone controls. Most of the music I listen to is relatively poorly recorded and would sound like trash without it.

Cool.

I've never gone down that hole of listening to "audiophile" recordings just because they sound good if it's music that I'm not interested in. Maybe if I did I wouldn't use my tone controls, but whatevs.

Did anybody say they don't use tone controls because they only listen to audiophile recordings?

No, they did not.

You just made that up, and then criticized the straw man you created.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom