• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why does so much vintage audio gear seem to come out of Pennsylvania?

Parts of Pennsylvania have a quite old demographic profile. Seriously. If you ever wait in an airport boarding for a flight to Harrisburg, look around--it was always easy to find the flight to H-burg when I visited my parents. Nice airport but the area has an unusually high number of "seniors." Doubt if many had high end equipment but lots and lots of households have been downsized in the last 15 years.
 
Wasn't Dynaco located in PA?

One could buy an amp kit in North Wales, PA BITD.

If one needs to buy a tractor implement PA is not the way to go.
I just saved a lot of money ordering a custom made Tennessee River Renovator form TRI.
rakes.html
I will use it for chisel plowing with my compact Kubota tractors.
I am getting a 4 shank model.
 
Back on topic, I was driving through downtown Lancaster last week and noticed two record stores...and I wasn't looking. The hypothesis must be true.

My son lives in the Lancaster area.
Chances are the record store is owned by one of his friends in the music industry who are also in band management.

With the Philly wage tax being what it is most of the recording studios have left the city.
The Lancaster area has numerous recording studios that are also associates of my son who is in the music industry.
 
My son lives in the Lancaster area.
Chances are the record store is owned by one of his friends in the music industry who are also in band management.

With the Philly wage tax being what it is most of the recording studios have left the city.
The Lancaster area has numerous recording studios that are also associates of my son who is in the music industry.
I was really impressed with the downtown area. Seems to have a lot going for it.
 
I have a few customers around the York area so I cut through Lancaster on Rt30 pretty regularly, usually around 8AM or so. You have to love the rush hour traffic jams, might last 2 to 3 minutes. LOL
Of course on the back roads you have to keep an eye out for the locals, a one HP buggy doesn't move to fast. I can still remember seeing a buggy pulling into the drive up lane at a bank in Gap, that cracked me up.

BillWojo
 
I was really impressed with the downtown area. Seems to have a lot going for it.

I wish they would repave route 30 it's such a slow bumpy ride.
The PA Turnpike is a smoother ride but has tolls.

The Lancaster area has become real diversified in recent years.

Vinyl has become popular with the younger crowd so the record stores carry it.
A lot of the new bands are making vinyl available.
 
Back
Top Bottom