• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Cool, wasn’t aware of the MConnect app, but it does indeed allow lossless streaming to the KEiiD from both Tidal and Qobuz. Nice app. I’m testing with the free, ad based Lite version, but surely worth the entry price for the full version for Tidal users.

25375AB7-FD8D-4442-875D-7904078A7369.png
 
Yeah , the only thing I’ll use the KEiiD for is tidal .....
The mconnect app is superior , in my opinion , to any of the other apps I’ve seen mentioned in this thread ......

mconnect is FAR superior to the Cambridge app on the 851n as well ....
The Cambridge app , frankly , SUCKS .

I have the paid version .... skips the ads , and remembers the last device - so u don’t have to reselect every time .....
Worth the 5 bucks ...
Works with every connected device I own ....
They ARE an official MQA partner , btw.....

I only use the mconnnect on the 851 .....
Tidal is much more user friendly using it .... it’ll do the first unfold for mqa ( which the 851 won’t do ) and it’ll show the bitrate... it’ll also do gapless - it’s in the settings menu.

ditto on the KEiiD......

much better sound quality on the KEiiD using mconnect....

Bk
 
Very nice. Uber simple install, was even able to keep the old router’s SSID and pwd, so all devices came right back online, no fiddling required. Very strong WiFi throughout the large two story house.

Set up my M5s tonight and they work like a champ. Walls and ceiling's are 3/4 inch ship lap with 5/8 sheetrock on top. My old router wasn’t up to getting through multiple rooms and ceiling.
 
Last edited:
Total dummy here when it comes to digital devices.

I am trying to get the KEiiD going with Spotify.

I have gotten far enough along to see the KEiiD on the Spotify “Connect to a device “ panel. Unfortunately Spotify says it is only available with Premium.

Does that sound right?

I may do the premium trial if I have to. Hate to subscribe to anything. Always seems like a PITA to unsubscribe.
 
Well that’s odd. Spotify has opened up Connect to most devices using their free tier. But yep, the KEiiD is the only one showing “premium required”. Sonos and Chromecast devices not restricted. AirPlay or Bluetooth appear to be the only choices to play to it on free tier.

However, since Spotify only offers lossy compression, an Echo Input would be an excellent, super inexpensive choice, and supports Connect using the free tier.

EB2A119D-0D56-427B-B580-0538171D5A8C.png
 
Last edited:
I’ve had the KEiiD for a few days now and am ready to order another one.

It costs twice as much as the old CCA, and operates way more than twice as good. Seemed like I was always fiddling with the CCA to get it up and running and to keep it running. I know some people have better luck than me with the CCA so not really a hit on it as much as an endorsement of the KEiiD. No such problems so far with the KEiiD. I’ll probably order one for my wife’s system tonight. That was never going to happen with the CCA.
 
I’ve had the KEiiD for a few days now and am ready to order another one.

It costs twice as much as the old CCA, and operates way more than twice as good. Seemed like I was always fiddling with the CCA to get it up and running and to keep it running. I know some people have better luck than me with the CCA so not really a hit on it as much as an endorsement of the KEiiD. No such problems so far with the KEiiD. I’ll probably order one for my wife’s system tonight. That was never going to happen with the CCA.
Does anyone know if one can cast from Google Play Music to this device?
 
I believed that Google and Airplay were not compatible. Is that incorrect?
Any audio on an iPhone / iPad can be played via AirPlay, including Google Play Music. Note that the KEiiD only supports AirPlay 1 though, which has long been known to have many issues, supposedly fixed in AirPlay 2.
 
Any audio on an iPhone / iPad can be played via AirPlay, including Google Play Music. Note that the KEiiD only supports AirPlay 1 though, which has long been known to have many issues, supposedly fixed in AirPlay 2.
AirPlay 1 was never the issue. When people had issues it was related to products that hard coded an IP address into the device which caused issues when it was already in use by another device on the network or simply crappy wifi issues. I have used AirPlay on numerous devices by many different companies for years and never have problems. The main issue with AirPlay (both 1 and 2) now, for audiophiles only, is its inability to play a bit perfect hi res signal.

I also received my TuneBox2. It does AirPlay 1 perfectly, but it doesn’t work with DLNA, which was the reason I bought it. They say it does DLNA, so maybe mine is broke. It was used, so I guess that is the risk you take.
 
Back
Top Bottom