• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Write a Limerick

Pete was fascinating. What you can't see here is that all of Pete's Limericks were ad hoc ones posted in the YGTLW thread, so he had to start his Limericks with a word he had not to chose by himself. He had to use the last word and then produce a Limerick as fast as possible in order to avoid a double post.

Here an example:

"Cool, so cool, I also appreciate it very much!"

"Much wasn't Dutch, but Flemish as such,
And he talked with a broad kind of accent,
Couldn't fathom a thing,
But boy, he could sing,
Performed an Opera, that aided his assent one Lent."

(bogle111)
 
Rome tried to write a limerick
But put down syllables way too thick
one, two, and five only ten
three and five less than seven
with the same group numbers rhythmic
 
Thanks for that one, DQ!!!

"Solution like evolution, come the revolution,
Will be plain as the back of your hand,
But you'll have to be quick,
Radiation makes you sick,
And then most humans on earth will be banned."

(bogle111)
 
Oh, that Fisher one reminds me of the famous one about the music teacher:

A tutor who tooted a flute
Tried to tutor two Tudors to toot
Said the two to the tutor
Is it harder to toot,
Or to tutor two Tudors to toot?
 
I once knocked a guy on his hiney
For getting a little too whiny
He said "it's plain kooky,
your lust for Kabuki!"
I'm just drawn to dustcaps that are shiny

I like my amps pulsing with power
I deafen myself by the hour
Big meters are handy
And might make me randy
Then I will need a cold shower
 
Back
Top Bottom