• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Write a Limerick

Seems I've ruined one half my M-4
And should feel now that I'm quite a boor
Sure hope I can fix it
I know that I'd miss it
'Cause I wish so to hear it much more
 
Just a friendly reminder of the rules for constructing a limerick.

'A kind of humorous verse of five lines, in which the first, second, and fifth lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines, which are shorter, form a rhymed couplet."

As Teach says, "Carry on."

I've pondered your didactic theory
But my eyes are now getting so bleary
I flunked English Lib
By a teacher so glib
That now poetry just makes me weary
 
1st non original, for kicks...

There once was a man from Grant's Pass
Had two giant balls made of brass
When he banged them together
They played "Stormy Weather"
And lightning shot out of his ass
 
I've pondered your didactic theory
But my eyes are now getting so bleary
I flunked English Lib
By a teacher so glib
That now poetry just makes me weary

Fie, was getting weary indeed. Should say: English Lit
Rats!

Was in response to the definition of a limerick's structure, I forget who posted it.
Forum function did not place the reply where planned. (Now, it finally did). This post is a CharleyFoxtrot!

BTW, What is a "multi-quote"?

OK here goze

I've studied your didactic theory
And now my eyes grow ever bleary
I flunked English Lit
Taught by creepy old git
So now poetry just makes me weary

" I got nuthin!"
 
At Goodwill today what did I spy?
Another Jerry Garcia tie.
It was real psyched out hues
orange, pink, red and blues.
If you smoke it you just might get high.

aaf.jpg
 
Am I becoming Limerickcentric? I fear the Genie is out of the bottle!

A traveler while visiting Navarro
Asked a pretty lass, could he court her tomorrow?
For he'd never seen finer
And he lusted to climb her
Like Hemmingway did Kilimanjaro
 
An audio enthusiast named Bruno
Said speakers are one thing I do know.
Maggies are fine,
JBL's are divine
But Klipsch are numero uno!
 
Hmmm I thought I had heard one like that... somewhere in [%89**|%^].

It may [or MAY NOT] have gone like {UNLIKE?}this...

A man in [redacted] named {YOU KNOW!}
Said of animal BLEEP this [I can neither confirm nor deny whether] I DO Know
[BLOT] are fine and XXXX are divine
But {I am going to have to KILL you] are numero [encrypted]
 
Post up a Limerick said he to we-
Make your rhymes be sweet or salty!
They said it'd go nowhere!
They said it'll be dead air!
But here we are on page twenty three!
 
In New Hampshire the weather is fun.
It snowed today on Mount Washington.
I just turned up the heat,
put warm socks on my feet
and hope that maybe winter is done.
 
In Tucson at this time of year
Triple digits are normal, I fear.
The first it occurs
The news show avers
"The annual 'icebreaker' is here."
 
Come to Tucson and you're bound to get
Some things you may not have seen yet.
You'll see the Santa Catalinas,
Roadrunners and javelinas;
and rattlesnakes. (Just look, don't pet.)


You'll see prairie dogs and see quail
And see hummingbirds and cottontail,
More cacti and fauna
Than you knew that you'd wanna.
I've seen 'em myself - it's no tale.
 
Back
Top Bottom