• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha B-2 - Upgrade Suggestions

Yes indeed. But the Krohn-Hite's sound better! ;)
View attachment 3415835
Whats the chance I see two post today about that amp !!


Athanasios
 
Thanks! Since then I've had several B-2's cross my bench in varying conditions. Albeit my restores are not of the Rottalpha caliber but I'm happy to say that I was able to give them the TLC they deserve to keep them singing into the future for their happy owners. I did it mostly out of appreciation for how wonderful these amps perform.

Over the years I've had the pleasure of listening to all kinds of different amps including some very nice vacuum tube ones. Except for a pair of lovingly restored Krohn-Hite UF-101's that I keep just because they look so cool, see, ;)

View attachment 3415531

and my sweet sounding Victor V-FET JM-S7, all have moved on by now because to my ears the Yamaha B-1/B-2 V-FET amps just seem to do it so much better ... :music:

:needpics:
I don't have a Smartphone, only a film camera. I will post when I get a pic, OK? My sweetie has offered to take a photo of my system sometime in the next few days. My 5 components are in a 4-shelf Danish modern stereo cabinet, with the B-2 on top (it burns hot, so I have to keep plenty of open space around it), and sometimes I just stop what I'm doing and fondle the set-up with my eyes. It's embarrassing because my speakers exactly match my stereo cabinet (Danish with a cherry stain), because I would NOT pick speakers simply because they matched my furniture. It's just a happy coincidence.
 
Yes indeed! I look at having the second amps as psychological insurance. LOL As long as they're ready and waiting, I'll never the spares.

That being said, I have every confidence that these sonic beauties will out live me ...

View attachment 3416854

View attachment 3416859
That's a gorgeous amp you have there, Vint Age. Rottalpha said that mine will now last another 50 years. I'm 69 today (happy Groundhog's Day), so I think mine will outlast me as well.
 
I'm a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY and enjoy! :beerchug:
Thank you; very kind of you, and you're not too late. I had a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends (cats included), and will now spend the last hour and 15 minutes of my birthday (California time) playing some tunes. On you-know-what!
 
Back
Top Bottom