• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

12" Shiva #121947 dual vc driver

just returned, delivery hopefully today

checked overall condition, seemed very good. Cabinets are screwed together and internally braced, wiring there too. All sets of vioice coils read about 5.7ohms, they should be good to go!

a banana for each one. :banana: :banana:
 
Very nice and better made than I would've expected. You're going to love them, though your wife and neighbors may not. But who cares so long as movies and deep music are awesome? :banana:

Say, are these the same pair you mentioned a few months back about seeing at the pawn?
- JP
 
you got it Charivari, same ones that had the acurus amps drivin them

Cabinets are made of double 1" MDF, on all sides. Now all I have to do is convince the wife to let me stack my AR9's on them!. :yikes:
 
thanks gary

I keep starin at them badboys, man I can't wait to fit them into my system!

Greg
 
how exactly do I go about this

I must need a pair of 2way crossovers, or something? :scratch2:
 
bolly said:
I must need a pair of 2way crossovers, or something? :scratch2:
If I had to say, I'd think the simplest and least expensive route for you at the moment would be to grab a pair of these from Parts Express (using the AK sponsor link) on your pre-outs or on a splitter attached to your pre-outs if you already have an amp there. 70 Hz is approxiamtely a standard sub crossover frequency, but you can get them in lower Hz values if you prefer to keep most of the bass that from your AR-9s. Then route the interconnects to a spare high-power stereo amp with one sub hooked up per channel or the separate interconnects each to a nearly identical amp (mono or through a splitter to a stereo amp with one channel per voice coil per sub driver).

Of course, if you wanted to get fancy, you could always use an electronic crossover or even a DEQX system. You could also grab a pair of plate amps the next time they go on sale and use the built in crossovers.
- JP
 
those FMOD's are very cool chiavari. I think 2pr of those and my SPEC-2 could do the trick for them shiva's! :thmbsp:
 
bump

just in case anyone who wants to check my new subs out and missed them. :naughty:


man I can't wait to fire these bad-boys up(my first subs)! :D
 
major update

my earlier thought as to aquiring new endtables seems to have been a bit of a premonition...


looks like I'll be placing the top sub on the other side of the couch, they will be our new endtables! :yippy:

now to find a pair of filters local, and fast :zoom:
 
Careful with setting any drinks on those "end-tables," as they're likely to end up on the floor during movies... :naughty: They sure look sweet Greg :thmbsp:
 
struck out, no filters available locally

thanks aaron, should be firin them up soon as I'm done work. More pics after set-up to follow.
 
Bolly that is PHENOMENAL!

I do believe in stereo subs after hearing a pair. I would think an xover point of 45-50 hz would be good for the AR9s, good starting point anyway.

I've eyeballed those filters from partsexpress, if you try them let us know how you like them. I'd try the subs neg/neg & pos/pos, and then switch neg/pos and pos/neg to see if there's phase trouble using the filters.

Good luck buddy!

Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom