Looks epic. Want to elaborate on the music?I got this. Released 2021.
Libera - If
View attachment 2692381
Probably going to be their last effort though since their founder/music director died shortly after the release.
View attachment 2692383 View attachment 2692384 View attachment 2692385
It's choral. The choristers are from South London, in the UK and are the church choir of St Philips RC church. Their first 5 albums used the St Philips Choir name. The next used the Angel Voices name and subsequent albums used the name Libera.Looks epic. Want to elaborate on the music?
Wow... stunningly beautiful music! I'll have to dig more into it.It's choral. The choristers are from South London, in the UK and are the church choir of St Philips RC church. Their first 5 albums used the St Philips Choir name. The next used the Angel Voices name and subsequent albums used the name Libera.
The founder was Robert Prizeman, who composed and arranged music for the choir, but unfortunately died a few weeks after this album was released.
He did, however, encourage former members to assume management and technical roles, so it could be that we haven't heard the last of the ensemble. According to my collection, they have released more than 20 albums. Much of their output is easily found on YouTube. I thought I'd found them when their In Concert album was featured on PBS but then realized that I'd been aware of them under their Angel Voices name for much longer.
Most of their music is inspired by their Christianity but they occasionally do secular pieces, such as Enya's "Only Time". The recordings are characterized by electronica, which is used extensively and to great effect. The live performances include movement, but not dance. The last 3 albums, Beyond, Hope and If credit an instrumental group "Project Instrumental". Earlier albums named the participating musicians.
Here they are performing "Time"
I love this! Gonna have to get some. Thanks for sharing!Roosevelt (born Marius Lauber on 29 September 1990) is a German singer, songwriter and producer. Some say that Montreal is his best song, but it is nine years old (if you decide to watch the video, bear in mind that the "band" is fake: these are his friends, but he plays all the instruments and sings). Here is something more recent:
Feels Right (2020)
See You Again (2021)
Forget (2021)
Very nice! Cool cinematography.Fresh off the presses is Save Me from Kimbra. Again, I think her old stuff is better, more expressive, raw... She has great voice, but she is not shy of altering it with electronic gizmos, recording it live, making a backing track, she is very proficient in this. Here is a new track, was uploaded several hours ago:
I really like the bite on this!Everyone knows Wolf Alice. A song from 2021, Smile
Another winner! I like your taste in music. Thanks for sharing!Did you ask for new songs or new acts? Broken Bells is still active and churns out new songs.
Love On The Run (2022)