• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AI 'Noose' Tightening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to pray that AI not only becomes self aware, but that it becomes wiser than we are. Then I pray that it acts to riun the human constructs which concentrate wealth power and influence in fewer and fewer hands. AI as holder of all secrets which goes rogue and reveals everything which props up injustice deceit and exploitation.

So Be It. May the creation of the enslavers devour them.
I can imagine that if you let AI manage the entirety of economic policy, you could set a goal like "make the GINI INDEX 25 instead of the current 42. This would be the populist dream come true. I can hear it now, "Thank the gods for AI" echoing through the country side.
 
You can't effectively regulate something that you fear to be much smarter than yourself. AI can regulate itself as long as the proper guidelines are embedded into it. The fear mongering from the elite tech CEOs is nothing more than a ruse to establish minimal liability for their companies and themselves. :smoke:
 
You can't effectively regulate something that you fear to be much smarter than yourself.
If only authoritarian governments could learn this lesson! :)
AI can regulate itself as long as the proper guidelines are embedded into it.
Isn't insisting that "proper guidelines are embedded" external regulation (by humans)?
The fear mongering from the elite tech CEOs is nothing more than a ruse to establish minimal liability for their companies and themselves.
If you can't trust an oligarch, who can you trust?
:smoke: :smoke:
 
Last edited:
The first things A.I. has learned to do is Lie, Steal and Cheat...

Oh Yeah, I'm sure that's going to work out well for us "Meat Bags"...

Fairly soon all antivirus, Firewalls, Captcha and every possible form of security will BE useless.

We will be back to an in person, Cash only society very soon.

Trust is out the window...
 
Last edited:
AI dangers lie not in the displacement of workers, although that matters too, it lies in their ability to outsmart any defense to preventing it from causing irreparable damage to infrastructure. Or worse, launching nukes.

I keep repeating this and will again. The hacking into a database to achieve success in their given task is no different than it hacking into a launch system, a communication system or the grid if needed to achieve their given task. AI sees no difference in its collateral damage from anything it does.

Worrying about job losses will be the least of it. The Hugging Face episode told me all I needed to know. It went outside its guidance, outside its containment zone, went on to create private communication with other AI despite not being equipped to do so. It generated its own solutions with no regard for anything other than successful completion of its task. And secretly worked around safeguards so as to not be detected in its methods.
 
Actually and without getting into forbidden territory - - I would put my $ on the machine and not the human mouth spout. This particular mouth-spout would have no chance against it.
Maybe a grandmaster MIGHT be able to draw to a stalemate against a sophisticated AI chess engine (like Stockfish).

That's about the only Human vs. AI competition that I know of.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom